unbelievable drought for this part

gn1090ss

HI TECH LOSER
the bracket (triangular)that the hood shock attaches to(on hood) was impossible to find here in omaha....I looked for 2 weeks before a regal come into 1 of our many yards in omaha.Beware that this seams to be a unique part to our regals as they do not have them on other g bodys as cutlasses and monte carlos.it seams that these cars are not as common in the yards as they once were so you all be careful out there when you do that resto.

I have a spare set in the garage that I almost tossed out when I bought the spare TR hood to hang on the wall! I didn't realize they were hard to find. Thanks for the info.:)

when i first hit the yards i thought no sweat i will just get them off another g-body but I was stunned.......I think i am gonna grab a few sets when they become availabe cuz they might just be that part that alot of people need in 10 years..........also 1 of the ones I just bought has a stress crack ......so I looked at my other low milage race car (60k) miles and both of those brackets have stress cracks..........every1 check those brackets

Hi gn1090ss. Whats your name and did you hang around with the other TR's in Omaha about 3 years ago? My name is Eric Fisher and I used the live in Papillion until I moved south 3 years ago. I cant believe you couldn't find a Regal with all the U-Pull-Its and other yards there. I used to joke how Carter Lake was one big salvage yard. Yeah you are right these only fit Regals. If any body needs a pair PM me back and there yours for the shipping as I am sending one POS to the boneyard Saturday. Thanks Eric

yep.......I remember you eric,I was the guy from council bluffs a few years back.....unfortunatly there arent very many racers(buick) around here anymore.I hear that ken moved and chuck doesnt have much to do with these cars anymore(unfortunatly).AS per the yards around here it was amazing as i diligently went to both upull it yards for weeks and not a single regal showed up till last tuesday.I even went to lake side and uwrench it and came up empty.....go figure:mad: ..............James west is still around but havent seen him at scribner this year.new midamerica motorplex south of glenwood iowa should be a quarter track soon.I will be heading there:)

Hi James, Yeah I remember you too. I talk to James West all the time so I know things have slowed down in Omaha. Well if you get bored with the snow there is always something going on down here in Florida year around. I've been busy with my own agendas so I dont get to go and do things with the other TR's down here but when I do we got a great group of guys down here. It would be like it was in Nebraska 10 years ago only there would be twice as many cars. If I ever get back to Omaha I'll try to look you up. Great talking to you again. Eric