unable to build rpm's at line

Fatpig

well took the car to the track last nite. Did not do well. it ran a12.1 @ 122, but the problem here is my 60'. it was 2.3 60'. when i put the line lock on i cant build more than 2600 rpms which is 0 boost.
car has a 9" 3500 stall convertor. tried turning timing up to 30 degrees at 2000 to 3000 rpms. that didnt work. i am so lost. car has a translator plus in it. any ideas anyone.

Sounds like the converter was trying to lock while building boost?:confused:

Would the RPMS stay constant, or would they fall off some & then come back up?

Weird though, because the lockup is supposed to be speed related, not RPM.

well the convertor is a non locker. the rpm's would stay @2600 to 2700.. with the tcc unplugged it will go all the way up... it hit 5000 a second ago when i tried it.

Well, that shoots my theory out the window.....

Positive it's a non-lockup?:p LOL

Try posting in the transmission section too.

Not sure what you mean by that.. chip in car was custom burned to work with translator and 80# injectors

I mean is it a stock ecm car or a F.A.S.T., or any other aftermarket fuel management system.

Since it's a chip car I'll say this, on some chips what gear you are in will actually change the tune, so it's possible that with your chip the tune was so far off in the lower gears that could wouldn't build boost/RPM's on the brake.

When you unplug the connector is does more than unhook the TCC it also unhooks the gear indicators...The ECM thinks it's in OD all the time...If you have a powerlogger or direct scan or a turbo link you can look and see if the gear indicators are showing correctly.

Other than that I can't imagine what difference it would make, but maybe someone else will come up with other options.

I think your stall is too high. Were you ever able to build boost? Or could you have a big exhaust leak?