UMI Roto-joints & Adjustable Control Arms

Heg87t

Slightly Compressed User
Does anyone have experience with roto-joints in rear control arms? I have been looking at the Global West lowers and these sound very similar.

Car is mainly being designed for handling and street driving. The rear of the car is lowered with 5413 rear springs. Should I be considering adjustable rear control arms to change the pinion angle with the lowered suspension? If so adjustable uppers, lowers, or both? :confused:

the rotojoints seem like a nice design for the street. no actual experience with them. but with solid rod ends you will feel every vibration. Keep it a streeter. go with poly or try out the rotojoints and lets us know how they are.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking also. The roto-joints seem to be between rod ends and poly bushings.

Any thoughts on adjustable control arms or not?

Those rotojoints are great. using them only on one end and the bushing on the other is a great street setup.

The rotojoints look like just Johnny joints or any other name you like to call them. Much tougher than just rod ends.

Check out Edelbrock's adjustable uppers to get the idea of what they look like outside of a housing. (I may be putting a set of those up for sale - new)

theres a few good books out there, i think theres one thats pretty popular that ive seen that describes pinion angle

Amazon.com: chassis design

its the "chassis engineering" hp1055 book. check your book store and just browse some books. they really make it easy to understand

Those rotojoints are great. using them only on one end and the bushing on the other is a great street setup.

Are you talking about the upper arms? Why not Roto-joints on both ends of the lower arms?

They may or may not make your car too harsh with them on both ends... and they may or may transfer sound too through the car.

However, they do have bushings inside the housing around the ball, unlike regular rods ends.

Hmm... Tough to know without trying them. $50 cheaper with the poly also. :confused:

Wish someone else would be using them and could comment!!

OK. I ordered lower control arms with Roto/Poly and adjustable uppers with roto and poly bushings for the rear end housing. Also bought the reinforcement that goes between the uppers and lowers.

I will take the leap and let everyone know how I like them in the spring. :D

Got the parts...

I received my parts yesterday. Look really good. Very beefy pieces. :smile:

I will post an update on how they fit when I get them installed in a few weeks.

Attachments

• New Rear End Parts - UMI Performance 01-11-10.jpg
    New Rear End Parts - UMI Performance 01-11-10.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 225
Nice looking setup. You might have exhaust interference issues with those braces that tie the uppers and lowers together. Hopefully not.

Nice looking setup. You might have exhaust interference issues with those braces that tie the uppers and lowers together. Hopefully not.

Doh!!! Now you tell me. ;) Guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it. I own a couple of large hammers!

Can you post a few pictures of these installed?
I'm particularly interested in seeing the braces installed.

thanks,