UMI Lower Control Arms

Paul Clark

Boxed or tubular?
Do you also "need" the adjustable uppers?
12 second car trying to become an 11 second car.
Thanks

What is your 60ft?

I would think that the stock setup should be good for low to mid 11's.

I'm running 11.65 @ 116 mph. That's on a 1.60 60ft. Suspension is stock. All the way down to the old 105k miles bushings.

I am not suggesting that it won't help. I just think that the stock suspension should be able to get you where you want to be.

I leave the line at 4psi and that is around 3600rpm. The long block is stock, with the exception of valve springs.

Paul Clark said:
Boxed or tubular?
Do you also "need" the adjustable uppers?
12 second car trying to become an 11 second car.
Thanks

UMI's are tubular.. work great .. Daughter has them on her GN ... mid 11 no brainer ... oh non adjustable uppers :biggrin:

Paul Clark- Thanks for the interest and I will be glad to try to help. Both our tubular lowers or boxed lowers will work 100% fine. There will be no strength issues with either version and we do not recommend one over the other. We have been making our tubular lowers for years now with no failures and have proven themselfs on single digit 1/4 mile cars. Not Avg 6 (Brad) is running them on his 9 second GN, the video can be seen on the front of our web page.

The boxed control arms were built for a few different reasons, one was many customers were looking to maintain a more "stock" looking control arm and wanted something that looked less like a "racer" arm. The other is this is our way of competeting with other manufactures that produce a boxed arm.

If you looking to get the best 60' out of your vehicle I would recommend the adjustable uppers. If you are not real concerned about it and just want the added traction the non-adjustable will work fine also.

If I can help anymore please ask and I am glad too

Ryan

lower bars UMI

HI , any chance of your company marketing a product like HR sway bar

My car would 60 foot in the 1.4's consistantly on slicks but was terrible on drag radials either at the track or on the street with stock suspension. I couldn't get better than 1.8 60' on 275/60 M/T DR's, it spun every time. I bought UMI adjustable uppers, tubular lowers and relocation brackets along with an ATR sway bar and instantly dropped my 60' time into the low 1.5's on DR's. Well worth the money IMO and the guys at UMI were very helpful.

I replaced mine with the tubular upper and lower UMI's just cause it was the ugliest rust ridden part left on the car and was very pleasently surprised with the night and day difference in traction. They were also a big part in allowing me to run 295 50r 15's .....

T