Umi lCA

How is the fit? I was thinking of getting the atr bar The stock bar doesnt look like it fits flush with the Lower control arms in the rear. Notice any differences. Thanks for the response

Originally posted by RICHIE HIGH PSI
The atr bar looks like it is not flush also, but it works just fine.
Wanted to follow up to check and see that this combo was still working good. I'm looking at buying the UMI upper and lowers, and want to run an ATR or BMR rear sway bar. I kind of wondered how well the bigger rear sway bar mounts up flush to the lowers.

I looked at the H&R and BMR lowers but the tubular UMIs are much more reasonably priced.

Just ordered a atr bar, just waiting on it too get here. I called UMI very helpful, said it would fit. I will let you know when i get it on.

The umi lca's where great no problems at all with them. It was the Atr bar that gave me trouble. The fit was very tight. I ended up taking alittle bit off the bar to get it too fit. Even then i had too use a rubber mallet to get it in place. Dont know if thats too tight or not. Did notice a difference though. Take corners alot faster, as far as track times i dont have any and really havent had alot of time to try it out. I am trying to figure out why my car is shaking only in drive with my foot on the brake. But thats another story. Overall wasnt too bad of a fit. Anyone else have any experience with the bar and the umi lcas?

Originally posted by MaroonType
The umi lca's where great no problems at all with them. It was the Atr bar that gave me trouble. The fit was very tight. I ended up taking alittle bit off the bar to get it too fit. Even then i had too use a rubber mallet to get it in place. Dont know if thats too tight or not. Did notice a difference though. Take corners alot faster, as far as track times i dont have any and really havent had alot of time to try it out. I am trying to figure out why my car is shaking only in drive with my foot on the brake. But thats another story. Overall wasnt too bad of a fit. Anyone else have any experience with the bar and the umi lcas?

Well I got 2 solutions I hope will help with this.

First is we are working on our own 1 3/8" Sway bar that should fit better :) It will be a little bit until completed but we are working on it.

Second is we changed our tubing size on the lower control arms from 1.625 OD to a 1.500 OD. This will allow a little more room for a tight install. While using the 1.500 tubing we also now reinforce the sway bar holes with welded steel sleeves.

Regards,
Ryan