Ultrachip The ultimate solution...to chip confusion, Does it work or?

Rowdy45466

Hi,

I was flipping through a few catalogs and found the Ultrachip mentioned and I am very curious. Eight chips in one is interesting.

Any one have experience god or bad with this?

Thanks

Ultrachip The ultimate solution...to chip confusion! The ULTRACHIP has it all! It's like having eight individual EPROM chips in one package. Once installed, you simply select a setting which is suitable for your driving needs. Using a miniature thumbwheel switch numbered 0 to 7, the driver can select a desired performance level instantly, even with the engine running! The switch can be mounted directly in the dash, in the glove compartment, under the ashtray, in the console, or wherever is most convenient for the driver. The switch features a unique snap-lock design. The ULTRACHIP installs into your ECM (computer) in minutes, and allows for immediate improvements in performance! Fuel delivery, turbo boost, ignition timing, ignition advance curve, and fan control are programmed into the ULTRACHIP in five progressive steps. This incremental control allows the driver to adjust performance of the engine from mild to wild! This is achieved on the fly, with instantaneous results! The ULTRACHIP also incorporates a unique anti-theft settng which disables computer control of the engine, making the car impossible to start! The car thieves' worst nightmare! Other settings on the ULTRACHIP include an economy setting, a pure stock setting and give progressive performance settings. The performance settings are arranged so that the higher the number selected, the more performance is achieved through EPROM programming modifications, instant performance available at your fingertips! The ULTRACHIP is designed specificaly for the 1984-1987 Turbo Regal, Grand Natiional and 1989 Turbo Trans-Am. Installation is simple, can be performed in less than ten minutes and there are no wires to cut. Your satisfaction is guaranteed!

Product Code: PE8499613

$195.00

http://www.postonbuick.com/eshop/10Browse.asp

Yes, it works.

But, its based on how things were years ago when everybody had a chip for the street (using pump gas) and a chip or two for the drag strip (using race gas).

Eventually, people started burning their own chips and used them for street and strip. Nowadays, the chipmakers have dialed in the making of a chip for YOUR engine and its modifications. With the advent of progressive Alchy kits, the vast majority of us need only one chip and use it with Alchy.

With a modern chip and Allchy, you can drive to grandma's at hwy speeds and get great mileage, then, stop at the track on the way home and post your best.

You are set to KILL all the time with a modern chip burned for your setup and Alchy (on pump gas).

That said, I did something completely different. I sent the Ultra chip in to have 5 different new chips burned into it. That way, I could have a valet setting, stock chip, stock setup with Alchy, then a chip for planned modifications and a chip for those changes with Alchy, and finally, an emissisons chip.....You get the idea. I sold the car with that chip in it. Was not cost effective, but its sure nice for the current owner ;).

You are better off with a custom burned chip for your setup. :)