Ultimate Regal (G-body really)

CTX-SLPR

I like planning cars in my head so here it goes.

Base platform, Monte Carlo Aerocoupe shell with rusty quarters and doors
Add Regal quarters, doors, and tail panel, custom fabricated I know to keep the aeroglass and such
GNX nose with Hot Air lower airdam
TA block based 260cid stroker with TA SE heads, Champion/TA intake, SGRIM headers, and a dual ballbearing GT42R
Aluminum core support and bumper braces
Fiberglass or Carbon Fiber hood
GNX suspension rear with coil overs and Hotckiss front suspension with coil overs
Full GNX bushings and braces add F41 braces or simular to the front
Hydroboost brakes
Silverstate Classic cage, Corvette front seats, Fire Fox fire system
18" custom GNX style wheels

What am I missing?

You lost me when you said aerocoupe. Those things are hideous. And it got worse before it got better (when you got to the drivetrain).

But to each his own I guess :p

I like planning cars in my head so here it goes.

Base platform, Monte Carlo Aerocoupe shell with rusty quarters and doors
Add Regal quarters, doors, and tail panel, custom fabricated I know to keep the aeroglass and such
GNX nose with Hot Air lower airdam
TA block based 260cid stroker with TA SE heads, Champion/TA intake, SGRIM headers, and a dual ballbearing GT42R
Aluminum core support and bumper braces
Fiberglass or Carbon Fiber hood
GNX suspension rear with coil overs and Hotckiss front suspension with coil overs
Full GNX bushings and braces add F41 braces or simular to the front
Hydroboost brakes
Silverstate Classic cage, Corvette front seats, Fire Fox fire system
18" custom GNX style wheels

What am I missing?

The only thing you are missing is about $50,000 to build it. =)
This sounds like fun, good luck if you decide to go forward with it.

LOL, you lost me at Aerocoupe' too. They should have just named it the fugly stick.

Cool but if ya really want somthing try an 75 amc matador towing an 81 ford fairmont with the rims painted lime green and set it out front of your yard with a big sign that reads BR109

I like Aerocoupes and though I think the Pontiac 2+2's look cooler, they are ultimately less practical and effective since the rear glass is too long and not enough airflow gets over the deck and you can barely sneak the donut spare out of the tiny hole that it left. I am not thinking about the best looking one, that would be the GNX without the need for the rest of the suspension and such, I'm thinking more along the lines of combining the best of the factory with some choice aftermarket upgrades for something for the open road. I have no intention of building this car because if I got an Aerocoupe, even one with rusty doors and quarters, I'd just put it back to stock and drop an LT1 in it and use it as a semi-daily driver. I was just enjoying the mental idea of the machine. I like it, comments welcome.

I don't know, the aerocoupe doesn't look too bad, at least it's not the same 'ol Monte.

But, I'd rather have the Riv in your avator with the
"TA block based 260cid stroker with TA SE heads, Champion/TA intake, SGRIM headers, and a dual ballbearing GT42R"

:tongue:

How about this White Riviera with a 256cid Production block 4.1?

Attachments

• 64 Riv side M3 vents rockers sm.jpg
    64 Riv side M3 vents rockers sm.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 220
OH YEAH!!!! I think I'd rather have one of those than a '70 GS. Pretty bad that I'll watch RoadHouse just to see the '65! Any shots under the hood?

Have to agree

OH YEAH!!!! I think I'd rather have one of those than a '70 GS. Pretty bad that I'll watch RoadHouse just to see the '65! Any shots under the hood?

65 Rivy is the way to go. Now that Buick is Bad it has style some nice lines/curves, stance is not too low and no 13" wheels to get that look. Now how bout that 65 Riv with a brand new 572 crate motor. You need that displacement and those 600 ponies and all that torque to move that led sled. Of coarse i'd be happy with a tricked out 4.1 they have some torque too.... Some guy on here had a real nice tricked out/caged Pontiac 2+2 they ran in some type sanctioned road race in Nevada.

Thats a photochopped version of my '64 which is getting a turbo6 this winter unless I can fix the oil comsumption problem on the nailhead and trust it enough to take it on another powertour. The car currently sits at stockish height (has '65 GS front strings which are lower and stiffer), stock wheels, and no rocker moulding, or M3 fender vents. I am planning on adding the rocker mouldings and maybe the fender vents this year but the wheels and suspension stuff will wait till I get my custom 12.5" front disks and 8.5" 30 spline 10-bolt for the back installed so I can get the backspacing spot on for maximum rubber without rubbing on anything.
Underhood shots right now won't get you anything but a picture of a stock engine bay with an Optima redtop and a coolant catch can in the corner. Once I start putting the motor together I'll put pictures up of it as it goes together.

I, too, am NOT a big fan of the Aero Coupe. I think it is butt-ugly. I'm a fan of the regular SS and the LS (had both in the past), but not the Aero Coupe.

I have a friend who thinks the Aero Coupe looks better than the regular SS. :mad: I think he needs to have his eyes checked.:confused:

Can you imagine if somebody made an Aero Coupe version of the GN?

I'd scrap the Aerocoupe. And go with a 2 door wagon ala Magnum R/T or even my Roadmaster. I'd also blend in the bumpers and fillers so there would be no jagged edges protruding outside the sheetmetal. Composite Euro style headlamps and maybe a smaller grille to make it more areo than the Aerocoupe.