U Coat It! Guys please step inside...

Bill_Ritter

Plays with Fire
I'm in the process of putting up a 28 x 38 garage and I'm going to coat the floor with one of the U-coat it kits. But i have a question for you guys that have used the kits already:

What kit did you use? did you use the basic "U Coat" kit? or did you spend more money and get the "U-Gloss-AF" kit also?

Also how is your kit holding up? did you use the textured stuff that comes with the kit or not?

Here is the link to the kits if you need to look at them.

Thanks,
Bill

I used the "U-Gloss-AF" kit and like it a lot. The only thing i would have done diffrent is used more of the grit when i installed it. When the floor gets wet it is very slippery. Its holding up very well. You should use at least 2 people when putting it down because you only have so much time to work with it.

Go for it

I'm in the process of putting up a 28 x 38 garage and I'm going to coat the floor with one of the U-coat it kits. But i have a question for you guys that have used the kits already:

What kit did you use? did you use the basic "U Coat" kit? or did you spend more money and get the "U-Gloss-AF" kit also?

Also how is your kit holding up? did you use the textured stuff that comes with the kit or not?

Here is the link to the kits if you need to look at them.

Thanks,
Bill

A buddy of mine did his garage floor with the standard U-Coat. It still looks great and he puts quite a beating on it. Pretty much and spills will wipe clean and there is no sign of any wear. Ive heard nothing but good things about it.:cool:

does anyone have pictures? The floor being very slippery when wet is basically my only worry. I'm redoing my garage too and would love to finally put a chem coating on there! Thanks in advance

darkside

thanks for the replies guys!I think i'm just going to go with the standard kit, not the gloss. anyone else use it?

You can always add some fine silica sand to the product to make it less slippery when wet. Wont hurt anything but gives the added grip.