Typhoon question

dumpstersGN

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
I got a buddy who has blazer(86) with all typhoon stuff everything is 92 typhoon but the body even has the interior in it. But the motor is blown anyone think it's worth to deal with . He wants $1200 for it.

So its an 86 Blazer body (and title), but has the engine (hopefully trans) and interior from a 92 Typhoon. If the cladding is on the body, then I would say hell yes in about 2 seconds. If there is no cladding and it still looks like an 86 Blazer, then I guess it would depend on what your goals are. For $1200, if you're planning on buying it and fixing it for yourself then its not a bad price. A stock SyTy motor is really nothing special aside from the intake and exhaust manifolds so it should be cheap to fix. Just make sure you keep the Nodular Iron main caps if you change blocks, unless you plan on upgrading to 4 bolt mains. The block and heads are standard LB4 4.3L found in tons of pre-96 GM vehicles. The only other internal difference to the SyTy motor is the pistons and head gaskets, which there are plenty of aftermarket options for as well.

..but if you're buying it to part out to make a buck, don't waste your time.

Yeah looks like a blazer but the wheels has all axle trans motor . What I was told had the real 92 typhoon and got totaled and got a blazer and swapped it all over to it

Thought it would be cool daily driver or just a toy to play with lol

well, thats possible, or it was stolen and rebodied, that unfortunately has happened more than people would think. If you buy the truck, you should be able to discover what truck # it was if the block is original. There should be a partial VIN stamped into the block right behind the drivers side cylinder head. Also, if the entire interior was swapped, the SPID tag should stuck to the bottom of the glovebox, that will have the complete VIN on it.

Anyway, "blown motor" can mean a lot of things. The good news is you can rebuild it on the cheap, I rebuilt one a few years back for an owner local to me for under $1000, so it is possible.

Where are some good site at to buy stuff so I can look around at parts

Where are some good site at to buy stuff so I can look around at parts

www.syty.net/forums/ and www.ebay.com thats your best source for parts. You'll occasionally find someone on Craigslist but ebay is far more popular for most things. Don't bother with dealerships for any SyTy specific stuff, most of it is discontinued and the warehouses have been tapped out.

There are a handful of vendors on SyTy.net as well, www.sportmachines.net is one of them. A lot of the others are fellow owners who have small businesses making specific parts.

If you want a SyTy.net account, you will need to PM me your email address and just let me know if you want the same screen name. Registration has been turned off over there for a while due to spammers.

I'm looking at buying a 1993 typhoon can I pm you to log into the site? Also can I use my same screen name thanks