type 2 coils & tps.tec

dagojoe

looking for some opinions on running type 2 coils & module..likes & dislikes...& differences...between them...also opinions on the tps tec offered by kirban...is it worth the $....how much will it help....considering doing these mods to my we4...your opinions would be greatly appreciated & help in my decision.....thanks

I like the type 2 setup that I have. It seemed to idle a little cleaner and although some people say they lose power in the upper rpm's, I've not had any problem with break-up. I must admit that I've got a kinda mild build so I don't know what a higher reving set up would act like. Other than the idle I could not really tell a difference. My recommendation is that if you currently have a problem and need to replace parts, then upgrade. If what you have is not giving you problems then probably not really worth it.

As far as the TPS-Tec?? Never had one but I've always thought that a properly set up car shouldn't need a crutch.

Tps -tec

As far as Type I vs. Type II , never noticed any real difference.

I was refering to the TPS enhancer. BTW, I have been running the type II for over 10 years. A friend of mine was one of the engineers who helped design the type II. His exact words "they are not hotter than the Magnavox but will take the heat better". Having said that GM once had methanol coils which are hotter. Good luck finding some now.

thanks

thanks guys...i appreciate all the input...ive heard about the alky coils..does any one know what they came on...i did do the the type 2 coils..only because i got a really good deal on all new coils & module...real gm stuff..a friend hooked me up..for 100$ which i feel was a steal...ive heard about top end break up..my t.r. has a stock motor but a ta 49 42 inj. 3in dp.atr pitbull exhaust and cold air & underdrives ..& so on...but havnt had any break up...but i would like to find sum alky coils..just need to know what cars they came on...

tps...tec

i ordered the tps..tec..from kirban..& its made by casper...anyway just to see for myself if it made any difference...& i never could get any of the led.s to light up even after i adjusted on the tps...& the plug that replaces the one going to the tps..the openings on the 3 round plastic prongs that plug into the tps didnt even line up and i had to cut them just so it would fit...in my book ...ida rather wiped my a$$ with a ben franklin & flushed it down the toilet...owell ..just had to check it out...anyway...:mad::mad::mad: