Two issues...

gpadilla1071

Hello to everyone, it's been awhile since I asked a questions but that's because I've been deployed and haven't driven the car i awhile. Anyhow, the weather was nice today and decided to take the car for a spin. The first issue I have is that I hear this "chirping" sound coming from the driver side of the dash board. Now I've had othe buicks and oldsmobiles that whent the weather is cold I hear this sound. During the summer I don't that sound. Is it normal for these cars? The other issue is that when I go WOT the car seem to stall a bit until I let go of the gas. Is my MAF sensor dying? I have the car at 15 lbs of boost right now. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

German

Hello to everyone, it's been awhile since I asked a questions but that's because I've been deployed and haven't driven the car i awhile. Anyhow, the weather was nice today and decided to take the car for a spin. The first issue I have is that I hear this "chirping" sound coming from the driver side of the dash board. Now I've had othe buicks and oldsmobiles that whent the weather is cold I hear this sound. During the summer I don't that sound. Is it normal for these cars? The other issue is that when I go WOT the car seem to stall a bit until I let go of the gas. Is my MAF sensor dying? I have the car at 15 lbs of boost right now. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

German

Raise the hood and the center rubber bumper on top of the cowl where the middle back of the hood rests against needs some grease possibly.

This could be the speedo cable as well

As far as WOT. You didnt mention any thing about a scan tool. If you dont have one STOP AND GET ONE!!!!!

Without it you are flirting with disaster

Raise the hood and the center rubber bumper on top of the cowl where the middle back of the hood rests against needs some grease possibly.

This could be the speedo cable as well

As far as WOT. You didnt mention any thing about a scan tool. If you dont have one STOP AND GET ONE!!!!!

Without it you are flirting with disaster

x2,my $$ is the speedo cable.

Can't remeber if you have the scanmaster or not. If not you are long over do...

x2,my $$ is the speedo cable.

Can't remeber if you have the scanmaster or not. If not you are long over do...

You're right, it's long overdue. No excuses!! I put one on order last night... But what do I need to do to the speedo cable? tighten it up?

Thanks!

You're right, it's long overdue. No excuses!! I put one on order last night... But what do I need to do to the speedo cable? tighten it up?

Thanks!

You can lube it up with some thin grease. Try napa they may have some lube for the cable. DO NOT use wheel bearing grease it's too thick. Maybe white lithium grease. Or replace it,it will need it sooner or later. As a last resort leave it alone and when it warms up the noise will be gone until next winter.:)