Twin turbo stage II car

Boostdeznuts

TURBO PART WHORE
I started collect parts for my stageII car. This is the car

Attachments

• 20141205_164937.jpg
    20141205_164937.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 384
Bolt those babies up!! Lets see how they look. Oh hell, might as well get them turbos mounted as well. Then send the pics.

Will do tomorrow. They arrive late today plus I have to finish spray a Toyota Corolla so I can take it out of the garage then I'll bring mine back in then bolts them headers up.

I am curious though. What supports the turbos? Is it just the headers?
If so, then do the downpipes also bolt to those turbos and then hard lined to the rest of the exhaust?

Well these headers are made for iron heads. I have to grind the flange alot to get it to sit flush. The header have a brace like stock headers thatssupport the turbo

Driver is running into the alt. I can'trun this bbracket. I have to use the no power steering bracket. I might go back to single turbo setup. Debating lol

I never believed that the brace supported the turbo on the stock header. It's actually the turbo bracket that does that job. 1500 degrees and stainless steel is as soft as butter. So, the 30lb turbo, and downpipe being tweaked by a twisting exhaust and a vibrating motor all supported by a glowing header.

I fabricated custom independent brackets to support my turbos. It gave me some piece of mind. I had the headers coated and didn't want to go back to weld up cracks later. Also, I can easily remove a header and leave the turbo right where it is still connected to the down pipe.

I've had this set up for about 8 years or so. A lot of miles and no cracks. Just something to think about.

To tell the truth, I missed a few of my luxuries since deleting them from my set-up. But the one I couldn't cares less about was power steering. I quickly got used to it and sort of like the connection I have with the road.

Of course, I'm using a Hoosier 4.5 inch tire up front. That will make it easier.

No update on my car. Ijjustffinished shot the door cuz I had a few cloudy spot. Shitty clear. Then i shot the hood with 2 more coat of good clear. I'm waiting on the champion alt. Bracket so I can go manual steering

Manual steering is not bad at all. You get to work your forearms in parking spots, just an added benefit. The more narrow the front tire/rim combo the better.