Twin Turbo Ford F-350 4-WD Cummins Diesel Running 95lbs. Of Boost!! (Video)

turbocody

GOT BOOST!
you guys have to see this video. it's a F-350 4x4 with a Cummins Inline 6cyl Diesel running two turbos at 95lbs of boost! and this monster weighs in just shy of 4 TONS!!!!! and it has 360# INJECTORS!!! and i think the turbos are 101mm and thats HUGE. and there are 36" PJ Dirtgrips on all four wheels. there is no way the motor lasts long going that fast. it's making 800AWHP! check it out.

http://www.olypen.com/bulldog/movies.html/F350Run.wmv

cody

Are you sure it is a cummins? Just asking as ford uses the 442 international V8 power plant. I amm just asking as this would be cool to see. I was thinking about a junk yard cummins in my suburban.

When did they change? As of earlier this year they were still the powerstroke diesel. If this is the case I would look at a new Ford. I did know that the Dodge Cummins conttract was coming up and Ford was making a ploy to use the cummins but had not seen the info yet. This is good to know. Damn truck is fater than both my buicks. I did not see the roll bar though?

Ah my wife had to get the hang of that too the first couple of times. It happens but Oh well. I have seen guys with 8 and 9 second cars do that. It is tough with a stick shift car. I thought it was real funny how he leaves first and then gets beat up on by a 2.5 ton beheamoth that doesn't not leave for almost a second. Now that was good.

OMFG

Hadn't seen that one. 11.42@117 is haulin' balls considering the weight of that thing!!!!!!

Ford trucks do not use Cummins. They use their own 6.0 Powerstroke. The older Fords used the 7.3 Powerstroke. The Powerstrokes are produced by Navistar. Dodge is the only one using Cummins.

..Mikey

Originally posted by Mikey
Ford trucks do not use Cummins. They use their own 6.0 Powerstroke. The older Fords used the 7.3 Powerstroke. The Powerstrokes are produced by Navistar. Dodge is the only one using Cummins.

..Mikey

mikey-

actually when ford was smart, they were using cummins diesel engines in their heavy duty trucks...

see this to prove your above statement incorrect.

http://search-desc.ebay.com/search2...038&Top10=&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&catref=C1

the truck posted in this link that runs 11s is owned by a guy named MADDOG on the TDR, he swapped in the cummins 12 valve motor for the most obvious reason...

because it will last at that power level, and the POS JOKE wont!!!

boost levels in diesel engines arent as crazy as one would think, my 2002 cummins has 26psi stock, now running 35, and with bigger turbo in the future, it would be around 45psi:D

with a diesel engine you crank up the fuel to make lots of power, you crank up the boost to cool it off so the EGT'S stay within reason!!!

you are correct, the 7.3 liter POS STROKE is no longer avail, THANK GOD... im tired of them.... our work trucks... long stories there!!!

the 6.0 is here, hopefully will be a better motor than the 7.3, ill find out when my work gets rid of my 99 POS STROKE, and gets me a 6.0 F-550 this spring

LATER
BW

OMG, is that disgusting!!

The past few days I've been driving around a rental Passat TDI. Quick little thing. So I'm learning a lot of new lessons of the performance of diesels. But OMG, that run was just sick!

Talk about a street racing sleeper!

BTW, had the Passat doing 135mph all the way to Munich (6 hours drive)

Originally posted by 2 QK 4 U
The older Fords used Navistar diesels, the new ones are Cummins.

Ummmm, just to set the record straight. Ford uses Navistar, has for decades, and STILL DOES. No they do not use Cummins. Even the newest 6.0 V8's which are replacing the 7.3 V8's are Navistar.
That is in the Light (their words not mine) duty line. That's the F250 SD up through the F550 SD. The F650 and up are the "medium" duty, and use, I believe a Cummins (or is it CAT?).

Very cool , i was just researching online last night performance mods for the Cummins. My buddy has one and was thinking of upping the power . Now i want one :p

Yes, it is true that you can order a Cummins in a Super-Duty Ford. You can also order a Cat or Powerstroke as well. You can also get your choice of an Eaton, Spicer or Allison transmissions. But your stuck with a Powerstroke for any F-150, F-250 or F-350.

When it comes to heavy duty trucks, all manufacturers offer almost the same lineup of engines and transmissions as everyone else.

..Mike