TV Help....

Hi Guys, need your help and advice.:mad:

Got a 200R4 and was tweaking the TV cable setting. I got the geometry corrector on the Holley carb. I had another thread going that I could not get my cable to click in WOT position no matter what I did.

I went out and sourced a 0-300 psi gage, 6' of hose and the fittings. I was set to do it with a pressure test.
Long story short, the pressure port plug WILL NOT COME OUT! I used the right boxed end wrench and it started to round it off, yup she's f***ed up.

Given that I can't use the pressure port, how can I set it at the carb end?
Pull the linkage a WOT and how tight should the cable be? Maxed out tight?

The way it is set, (I have not adjusted it since this screw up), it felt like it was starting off in second gear. The rest of the upshifts seemed o.k.

Maybe loosen it up? Pull the cable sleeve away from the firewall?

What would you guys do? Please be nice, I don't want to pull the trans:(

Disconnect the TV cable from the throttle linkage....open the throttle wide open by hand...adjust the TV cable about 1/8" short of going on the linkage pin...release throttle...install cable on linkage. That will give you a good starting point. Adjust ONE Click at a Time for desired feel if you think it needs further adjustment.

...Long story short, the pressure port plug WILL NOT COME OUT! I used the right boxed end wrench and it started to round it off, yup she's f***ed up...

Any chance of getting a pipe wrench or vise-grips on it? Maybe a little "flame" from a propane torch followed by a cold WD40 douche?

I had the same problem gettin that plug out , I did have the trans out of the car . I used a propane torch , and finally got it to turn , good luck

Thanks mikestertwo, I'll try that this weekend.

Tried all sizes of vise grips and thats when everything went down the pipes.
I do not use vise grips unless it's a last resort.
Would not be able to get a pipe wrench between the trans and floor tunnel.

Hopefully this will work for me.