tv cable

ricturbo

just had trans redone trying to adjust tv cable. it really doesnt seem to change presure when I move tv cable. it changes into 2 at 13 mph and 3 22mph not had in 4th yet anyone have ant ideals why it doesnt change when I move tv ? I press pedal to floor each time

push button,then pull the cable toward the firewall a few clicks should hold shift longer.

stock throttle body?mine has a 70 mm turns out the mount sits a bit forward had to get a special spring on the front of the cable to get mine to work good.

it was built stock the guy said make it shift in to 2 at 15 mph . drove it today and it shifted ok but on way home it was alittle jerky when around 38 to 42 driven around curves like it was in od . I dont want the trans to tear up to much presure or to little . had a mild shift kit put in it. over full on fluid it dont seem to change shift point when i move cable. have 3 ripples showing now.

it was built stock the guy said make it shift in to 2 at 15 mph . drove it today and it shifted ok but on way home it was alittle jerky when around 38 to 42 driven around curves like it was in od . I dont want the trans to tear up to much presure or to little . had a mild shift kit put in it. over full on fluid it dont seem to change shift point when i move cable. have 3 ripples showing now.
im no tranny expert,but wheniinstalled my new trans,i was told to adjust the tv @an rpm ,get an idea of the rpm to shift points,mine dont go into 4th until im at 65mph and sometimes i have to let off gas to shift into 4th.
my shift points are @2600 1-2nd
2200 2nd-3 and like i said to 4th is more depending on the grade im on or the gas pedal.
is it a brf valve body?i believe those shift even highr then mine,like 28-2900 1st to 2nd
im surprised none of the real tranny gurus havent responded.

just drove car for 25 miles done ok at first then as it got hot it seemed to shift into high gear almost like it was in overdrive move tv toward fire wall 2 notches didnt help. may have changed into high gear alittle quicker or it could be because it was hotter I have tran lines unhooked from rad I bought trans cooler for rv will that cool trans or not enough? the cooler is all I have hooked up didnt want to hook rad up because not sure how clean it was .

If you have performed the correct factory setting and are still uncomfortable I would stop driving it and verify the pressure increases with TV movement. I have attached a guide that helps with the test from extreme automatics. I built the test rig for this from my local Napa for like $50. FWIW the factory shift points and pressures are below.
upload_2014-7-22_17-23-56.png

upload_2014-7-22_17-27-57.png

Attachments

• 2004R_Transmission_Install.pdf
    859.3 KB · Views: 105
what model is it br or what? I hooked lines up to rad maybe that will keep it cooler while setting.

You really need a cooler in addition to the one in the radiator if you plan on some "spirited" driving.
Our cars are pretty easy to set the tv, if you are using the stock components.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

reading some of other threads .would it be posible that the tcc solenoid could be bad? if so when it does it again sould I unplug to see if it stops.it was just rebuilt but I dont know what was replaced.

It is possible your shop just tested the solenoid and did not replace it. I had a shop do this to me once before. The common symptoms of a TCC going bad is jerkiness in fourth gear or in some cases the TCC doesn't disengage and braking becomes more difficult. The quick test is to disconnect and see if the symptom goes away as you have indicated.

It started doing it today and I unpluged the 4 wires and it cleared up .plus now the tv cable makes it shift harder the guy tha redone trans said it wont hurt to leave unpluged.the tv cable seemed to have no change before unpluging wire . it did jurk like manal shifted to soon. has anyone left ttc unpluged until fix latter and is it hard to replace . im tired of working on car want to drive for awhile has a crate engine 3 year warrty has set for 8 mths

The TCC is not hard to replace but it is in the trans bolted to the valve body so you will likely get dirty. Also, most aftermarket TCCs don't have the full length wiring harness so you will have to make a couple of splices. Driving around without the TCC shouldn't hurt it, but like anything else, if its broke you might as well fix it lol.