TV Cable

TURBOV8R

Gota dubl u e 4
Where is the best place to get a quality TV cable for the 200?Recently re-adjusted mine and pretty sure it's at the end of it's life,meaning adjusted per specs and hardly any "notches"left at the cable end.Trans shifts fine,no sludge in the pan so going for replacement before disaster strikes.Also can it be replaced by unhooking it from the outside or does the pan have to be dropped?Thanx!

You don't have to drop the pan to change it. It can be disconnected from the outside. You just have to disconnect it from the throttle linkage first.

Can you still get the cable tight not per GM spec? If so, I'd keep and use it since it will still function as it should. Notch position isn't as crucial as you think from a visual basis. On mine, it had stretched some but I am able to get it tight with little or no "nose" showing at front of adjuster. Do not run it if it will not tighten as that determines line pressure and too slack (not tight) can cause problems. Also to add what mikestertwo said, underneath at passenger side trans body follow the TV cable where you will take off that 10mm bolt with a 1/4" rachet, then you can pull up on the cable and see how it loops and connects on the retainer. A needlenose pliers works well there. At the throttle body/ plenum, you push forward on the retainer to disengage the cable there.

Yeah that's were I'm at now very little to no nose showing but between the linkage and cable sheath there's little to no slack.Replaced one on an IROC years ago his was ant the same point but had much slack showing and even after a cable change,his trans went the way of the dinosaurs I guess cause he ran low pressure far too long.Would like to get another as "insurance"so to speak to avoid catastrophe.Does GM still carry the cable?

GM TV cable is NLA and has been for some time. Used ones can be had. Contact CK Performance as I think he has some options.

Is your cable tight there with what's showing at TB the way it's set?

It's pretty tight,no loops or noticeable hanging. Shifts are really firm and tight,shift speeds are at 15,35,45,and OD @55.The only thing I've noticed was at times you have to lightly get off the gas for it to drop into 4th but has'nt been much of an issue.
I'm going to be digging into the motor for "routine" maintenance so to speak along the lines of replacing the rear main seal,as well as the gaskets for the oil pump and filter cooler adapter.Figured while I'm there and the cars laid up may as well address that situation as well so can enjoy it more this summer changing oil and cleaning rather than crawling around and replacing stuff that can be done now.