TV cable adjustment/wide open throttle problem?

s10GN

turbo truck
I have an 84 s10 with gn drivetrain. I just put new injectors+chip in today the problem im having is i set the tps to .42/.44 which is good but the wide open im only getting mid 3's on scanmaster. I noticed the tv cable is set all the way back to firewall which its stoping me from getting full throttle(this is how it was when i bought it) so i disconnected it and i reach the full throttle point of 4.30. so i looked at the page for setting tv cable when i set it like it says it pulls it all the way out of the adjuster to reach full throttle but it shifts too quick like you cant even feel it shift. So i adjust it back about half way and it still makes it so i get high 3's but i should be getting more fuel then this right? Any suggestions? I think the tv cable is to short or something.

cable

wow! i am surprised one of the tranny experts have not answered this.the factory length is approx.39" the main thing when doing a hybrid is if your using the factory throttle linkage and TV cable.the angle of the TV cable in relation to the throttle is critical. but if your transplanting the factory stuff then gm already figured out the angle for you if this is the case.The easiest way for me is disconnect your TV cable at the throttle body open your throttle body wide open.pull your TV cable all the way out and adjust it to your wide open throttle.I like to leave just a little bit of slack so that I'm not stretching the cable to tight to the point it will bust.I know that this is not the writing proper procedure but with a universal cable its the simplest for me.

tv cable

The cables are stock I think? I will check the length. The problem i am having is i set the tps .42 but wide open i am only getting 4.0. I have been reading threads and i might have figured it out. When i was adjusting the tps i am not pulling it straigh forward first. I havent had a good day to work on it been raining for about a week. But i just did a chip/injector combo from TT and what a difference.

Thanks for the help

Remember to set your base idle rpm adjustment first before final TPS adjustment, many people turn the idle screw to compensate for bad IAC system which will limit the sensors range and cause low WOT voltage.
Good luck,

Kevin.

I have an 84 s10 with gn drivetrain. I just put new injectors+chip in today the problem im having is i set the tps to .42/.44 which is good but the wide open im only getting mid 3's on scanmaster. I noticed the tv cable is set all the way back to firewall which its stoping me from getting full throttle(this is how it was when i bought it) so i disconnected it and i reach the full throttle point of 4.30. so i looked at the page for setting tv cable when i set it like it says it pulls it all the way out of the adjuster to reach full throttle but it shifts too quick like you cant even feel it shift. So i adjust it back about half way and it still makes it so i get high 3's but i should be getting more fuel then this right? Any suggestions? I think the tv cable is to short or something.

You could well have the wrong cable. First thing is to set the TPS and ensure full throttle opening, so do that with the TV cable disconnected. Second, the best way to set the TV cable is with with a pressure gauge. Check Lonnie's site for a reading template and gauge range(s). If you can't get the cable adjusted correctly with the gauge, buy another cable.

I went out a couple hours ago and I think i got it I just had to pull the tps to the front of the truck then adjust I got .42 idle 4.30 wot. Then i printed out a thread to reset iac so I think i will do this tomorrow then set the tps again.
Another problem was the ajduster for tv cable was all the way back so it shifted hard sometimes had to let off to shift (was like this when i got it) so i adjusted that to and it seems to shift good kicks down good and shifts every gear without letting off pedal.I am sure i will have more questions though.
thanks