Turn Signal Fluid

here

here is a picture of when i changed my muffler bearings. be carefull not to damage them when re installing.
exhaustbear.jpg
[/IMG]

I've got a 3"/3,500 non-lock up flasher in mine. That, along with running the signal fluid a half-quart low, got me to 90 bpm's in the 60. (Blinks per minute)

I'm running a cooler just for the blinker fluid. I have it mounted transverse right next to my transmission cooler. Seems to help out A LOT. I have a fluid temp guage mounted on my hood so I can monitor the temps when I turn. Highly recommended!

Boost231 said:
here is a picture of when i changed my muffler bearings. be carefull not to damage them when re installing.
exhaustbear.jpg
[/IMG]

Hey I don't mean to be a smart-alec here or anything, But if I where you I would seriously think about getting a whole new muffler. The one your installing the new bearings in looks pretty rough. I don't think you'll get a decent life expectancy out of those new bearings being how corroded that muffler is. but, to each his own. let us all know how they hold up.

Turbobuick2 said:
Hey I don't mean to be a smart-alec here or anything, But if I where you I would seriously think about getting a whole new muffler. The one your installing the new bearings in looks pretty rough. I don't think you'll get a decent life expectancy out of those new bearings being how corroded that muffler is. but, to each his own. let us all know how they hold up.

I bet he could box the muffler to make it stronger and so that no air can get in or out. That would be the cheap way to go for now

The biggest wives tale around is the alleged link between turn signal fluid and worn out muffler bearings. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO CONNECTION between the turn signal fluid and the muffler bearings - if your turn signal fluid appears dark or burnt, its because it has absorbed water molecules and other contaminants from the air. Follow the instructions on gnttype.org, use a turkey baster, suck the old fluid out and install fresh ts fluid every spring as part of your spring cleaning.

I'm all over the blinker fluid...muffler bearings....etc .. but this has me stumped!

oddfire6 said:
i just drained the summer air from my tires and will be refilling them with winter air when it gets a little colder..... :cool:

This may be seasonal affected disorder, but I want to be able drive the car between now and winter. :confused: Is it OK to deflate and reinflate the tires everyday? Would this insure that air you ride on corresponds to the density and moisture content for any given day? Is so, "Getting some fresh air" would take on new meaning.

Please Note: If you choose this modification, INDIVIDUAL APPLICATIONS WILL VARY. Of course the ambient molecular intensity will be appropriately compensated by the use of such regular maintenance. Safe operation in each and every case is of utmost importance. Upfront this should not be a problem, but some individuals may desire a different stud length and maybe need to have a spacer installed in the rear.

I go now, cause I have a tricky valve resulting from thread overinflation.

well I started to read the thread and damn if I didn't quickly realized there is just way too much tecknical stuff for me to figgr out all at once so I went ahead an printed out all 11 pages worth. (11 pages. wow!!) Yeah yeah, I know, I look smart but I really ain't so smart, so's I put all 10 pages in the bathroom (one page got ate by the printer and boy i sure hope nothing importants on it) so's whenever I get a hank'ren for some fine reading well that's where you'll find me. Just a-readin page after page, trying to make sense of it all. And, golly, boy I'm so glad you sent me this because, geeze, I just didn't know any of this and man I really wuz bored today an gots nothing better to do so I'm just a-readin' an a-readin'. 11 pages ......

VadersV6 said:
Gotta check the compression on my TPS sensor.

That's good preventative maintenance! I have mine set at 25 psi idle and 90 at WOT. I think I might try a different powerband belt to see if the TPS can run with a lower pressure to reduce my understall condition. Wish me luck

Oh man, it just hit me square in the face....

Guys, dont forget to charge your air conditioning this winter on a freezing cold morning... Just start the car up, turn the AC on full blast and let it run for at least 15-20 minutes to charge up the air conditioning..

You can test it out if you want, just take your glove off, and put it up to one of the vents... Once its really really cold, your good to go and this summer it will be blowing ICE cold too.

BW

A quick tip: you can monitor your turn signal performance through Directscan. After porting my turn signals I get 50 blinks per minute (BPM). Used to be 35 BPMs (stock). I have the DS datalogs to prove it.

i put my boost vacuum hose in to the antenna and i get 40 lbs of boost with out pinging, but my wife said she could only make right hand turns because the left blinker fluid was low and it did not work. oh well as long as she don't want me to wax the brake pads again i'll be ok :eek:

Make sure you periodically change your ARP hardened license plate bolts along with your scheduled change in blinker fluid and 3 speed automatic air freshener seals.

I know this guy that knew this guy that had a GNX. That thing came with twin ceramic coated blinkers on each side, stock from the factory. Had to run synthetic blinker fluid or it would void the warranty. The car was white and he once lost it when he parked in a snow storm. If it hadn't been for the blinkers melting the snow from flashing so fast he never would have found it. That's why his personalized tag said "Rudolph".

True story.

Anyone know where I can get a can of compression? I think it is low. I also need a bucket of rotor wash. ;) jeremy

engine bearings in a can

hey guys

I found some stuff the other day @ the parts store and was tempted to buy it.

the name of it was CAN of Rings. It somehow turns your old wore out piston rings new again even if your engine has 1million miles on it. They also recommend that you use the Can of Engine bearings along with the can of rings for best performance of your million miled engine.

And best of all it's TURBO approved

i also just got done serviceing my blinker fluid and the flux capacitor boost controller pulls great i recommend that you service yours. the stock just is not big enuff. i used a 2 million microfared flux capacitor to replace the stock 50k.

Wells said:
Where are you guys getting your information from. The cap on mine has raised lettering which clearly states "do not service".
Your have a special gel(similar to what's in the "gel-cell battery")in your blinkers that doesn't ever require service. Someone must have converted them, because Buick didn't have the gel in the 80's. What people don't understand about lights is that they don't really "light." What they do is suck dark. When the fluid is full of the dark that the blinkers sucked from around them: it needs to be changed. I just don't use my blinkers and avoid the hassle.