Turn Signal Fluid

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
Hey just wanted to get your thoughts on this......

How often do you change your turn signal fluid?

I have it flushed twice a year. Once in the spring to put in the summer stuff, and once in the fall to put in the winter stuff....you don't want it freezing you know!

Per the factory manual

Fluid should be changed whenever you grease the muffler bearings.

yep...

i just drained the summer air from my tires and will be refilling them with winter air when it gets a little colder..... :cool:

When my Synthetic motor oil needs to be changed I re-use in for the TS fluid. The worse thing that it does is it changes the color of the flashing lights in the dash but otherwise I've never had a problem.

ks :cool:

I just changed out the summer (thick) fluid. My blinkers were blinking kind of slow. As soon as I put the winter (thin) stuff in, they speeded back up. Any one have any luck with synthetec?

I just got done porting my turn signals for more fluid flow...blinks MUCH faster now.

:confused: Man, you guys have got me totally confused here. I like to keep my cars all caught up with preventive maintance, so after I saw this thread I went to check the level of the fluid in the turn signal lamps. They are COMPLETELY EMPTY! All of them, no joke, I feel like a total dufus here. I hope I haven't prematured the life of the turn signals. I plan on purchaseing some signal fluid asap, but first I need to know where the filler tube is. I think it may be in the dash since KEVINS mentioned the flashers in the dash changing colors. I've got the entire dash of my gn tore out right now trying to find the fill tube. Looks like I may have to pull the windshield also to try to look on the other side of the firewall. Anybody have any suggestions?
oh yeah, a bit of advice. Don't go to the parts store and ask the masculine looking older woman behind the counter for the blinker fluid. Cause you'll get punched right in the jaw. I'm going to hurt for a week.
I figure it would be easier to just order the blinker fluid online. Heres a link if anybody else needs some. Looks like a fair price too.
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=6

yep

my car just turned 84,000 and let me tell you it was way over due for me to replace the fuel injected brake lines

Tom, having any specials on muffler bearings? Mine are all worn out.

Have any of you ever changed the filter in it? I change mine about every 250 miles since i dont wanna look like a fool and forget to change it.

Who's using steel braided line for their hoses? It truely makes your engine bay a lot cleaner. Them damn steel ones blow ass.

Oh and muffler bearings, how do you change them? i got a weird whistling noise coming from mine, is that a common symptom of then wearing out?

Where are you guys getting your information from. The cap on mine has raised lettering which clearly states "do not service".

old mechanic's trick

when the blinkers slow down and they turn yellow, they need to be flushed, and new fluid installed, once serviced, they will turn white, and resume the normal speed .
DO NOT let some "super tunner" tell you other wise,

consider this my tip of the day!

Man, I'm totally confused. How do you reset the flasher counts? I got 20 is that ok? If you adjust the flasher counts, does it change the brake light position?

cruzn57 said:
when the blinkers slow down and they turn yellow, they need to be flushed, and new fluid installed, once serviced, they will turn white, and resume the normal speed .
DO NOT let some "super tunner" tell you other wise,

consider this my tip of the day!

I was able to get the Long life fluid from the GM dealer, just go and ask for it...

I think it was pretty expensive though

I also asked for a long weight but that took a while to find....

Pronto said:
Man, I'm totally confused. How do you reset the flasher counts? I got 20 is that ok? If you adjust the flasher counts, does it change the brake light position?

The blinker counts are set by the chip maker. If you have a Red Armstrong chip, the blinks are anywhere from 50-60. if you have a TT then it's 25-45, all matters if you use alky or not also.

Any one use the new alky injected bulbs? They will make your blinkers visible up to a 3-4 miles!

What the hell happened to my car :confused:

My blinker bulbs were a tad dim from being 20 years old, so i grabbed the extra strength luminescent blinker fluid, the bottle even says it is supposed to make the bulbs 20% brighter than original.

Well, aparently i overfilled my blinker fluid reservior and burned a hole in my paint.... Look at the hole the fluid ate in my fender :rolleyes:

What can i do to correct this? You think a black light would help? Black light fluid?

BW

Attachments

• 100_0882 (Small).jpg
    100_0882 (Small).jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 556