TurboTweak Chip

bose

I was looking at the web site and it claims the chips are programmable. Since I have not bought a new chip for years does this mean there are certain parameters that can be changed by me? Also does anyone use one of his 93 octane chips? If so how does it respond if you have 112 octane in the tank and turn the boost up to 21 psi? My car, 1986 GN, 160 thermostat, Ford Blue Top injectors, TA 49 turbo, Walbro 307 hotwired, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 3 inch downpipe, no cat, 2 1/2 inch exhaust, ATR cold air, BST electronic boost controller, SMC alcohol injection that I do not use, I would rather have the octane in the tank, and a Jim Testa 98 octane chip. I use turbo link as my scan tool. My car will run mid 12's very easily now and I always run very safely. At my level there are always faster cars. Lately I have been mixing Sunoco purple and 93 octane 50/50 with no knock. I do believe a modern chip will give me better drivability though. Bruce

Yes, you can make adjustments to WOT fuel and timing, as long as you have a scantool (any scantool should work).
Here is a link to the instructions:
http://www.turbotweak.com/turbotweakinstructions57.pdf

You won't be able to add a lot more WOT fuel since you only have 36lb injectors, but then a TA49 with stock heads doesn't need much more in most cases.

You can use race fuel with a street chip and turn the boost up some. Keep an eye on the O2's so it doesn't lean out, and adding some timing will help make more power with the race fuel.

Regards,
Eric