turbonetics cpt-66 ptrim bb turbo

pressured

lightly used turbo for sale, bought 3/08, has about a dozen 1/4mi passes and a few hundred street miles. exhaust housing is .63 a/r turbonetics that is ported for better boost control. was used with an external gated down pipe. great street/strip turbo. reason for selling, went to a cpt-70 s trim. $750obo

Sold pending payment

Attachments

• summer 2010 409.jpg
    summer 2010 409.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 686
  • summer 2010 412.jpg
    summer 2010 412.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 688
  • summer 2010 411.jpg
    summer 2010 411.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 692
You have OBO listed. What did you have in mind? PM me with a good price and i'll see if I can come up with it.

IMO - priced at $750 you are giving it away. New the 66 sells for $1300. Its a mid-low 10 sec turbo.

TTT
I talked to Jack Cotton about this turbo Sunday at etown's musclepalooza event. This is one of his favorite street strip turbo's. Is it still for sale?

Chuck

So unfortunetely it's been a year and a half since i bought this turbo and i'm realizing how long it's taken me to get this car together. I finnaly got this turbo out of the bag and attempted to put it on my car. When he said the wastegate hole was ported out and he used an external he failed to mention that it was completely opened up to the point where you HAVE TO use an external gate. The puck goes right through the center of the whole and doesn't even touch the sides.

Luckily, I have a brother with the same turbo. He agreed to switch housings with me so I could use mine and he already runs an external gate so no big deal. I get the housing off only to discover that the inner blades on the exhaust wheels look like a golf ball went through it. The blades are mangled and 4 of them are bent completely over.

Beware when buying used turbo's. Theres usually a reason there upgrading.

that turbo came off the car in fine shape with no damage, nothing ever went through the turbine or came in contact with it while it was on my car. so are you saying that i sold you a damaged turbo or that it was damaged on your car as a result of the waste gate hole being ported? why don't you post pics so all can see the damage?

Let me try to be more clear. When you shipped me the turbo I double bagged it and put it into the truck along with all of the stock piled parts for this car. IT sat in the trunk and in my garage until now. The motor is now almost complete and the turbo, downpipe and exhaust are being installed. So this motor has never been fired and this car has never moved an inch since i have owned it. I explained what happened when I tried to bolt the down pipe on. The wastegate puck will not work with it. If my brother didnt have a housing to switch with me I would have been screwed automaticly. When he removed the housing to do the swap I got the phone call that no one wants to recieve. The blades are bent. It's not to the point that the turbo is ruined. Infact, I have no choice but to put it together and run it until I can save for a new one. But if I had the money now I would throw this one away and move on.

I'm not posting this in hopes of recieving anything back here. It's been over a year so i expect nothing. In fact I will go further and say I don't think you knew about the blades being bent because it would have had to be dissasembled to see it. Your picture above proves that. You probably didn't know the wastegate hole was to far open to use a puck either because you wern't using one. So, whatever. If this was a week after I bought it I would be shipping it right back though.

I took pictures with my phone that are crappy. If I was trying to get something back I would take better ones but i don't have time for all that.

1030111736.jpg

1030111738.jpg

1030111736a.jpg

im not in any way involved in this , only looked because i have a similar cpt66 that i may be selling

the pics posted seem very clear to me that there was no way a puck style downpipe would work as is ..
rjc sells a thin plate to fix the over port for about 30 bucks

as to the wheels, id try to straighen them but ill tell you when i needed to make the switch on my 71gtq from a .85 to a .63 to help the spool i found my blades similarly bent and beleive it happened rocking the housing to remove (they arent like taking stock turbo housing off)
either way i left mine alone and have quite a few miles and many passes and she spools quick and runs much better than expected