Turbomotion V2

Stealthfxxr

Havent seen any post from people using Jay's V2 lately. Jus wondering about perfomance don't know if i'll have time to install mine and tune it before i leave for korea.

I'll have some time this week, i'll get some times for you if i can get a new maf.

crazygn, I may have missed it, but have you ever figured out what your problems were with your car(the rpm related stuff)??? Is it MAF related??? Just curious...

I think it is the maf , i can only get 120-180gps on the scan tool , hope its reading right, blms are still at 105 and might be from the maf. It idles rough and trys to stall some times, i cant floor it off a light or it will die i have to give it slow gas to go. When i unplug the maf it idles nice but wont rev .

my guess is the maf :confused:

6 to go, sounds like you have a vacuum leak somewhere...you need to look real close everywhere to find it...

I've had the gasket between the turbo and TB tear and create a leak...I've popped vacuum caps off of the vacuum block...I've popped vacuum lines off in several different places and they all cause the same symptoms as what you have described...

The other one is if you have ever had the intake manifold off of the car...If so, your intake may not be sealing right...If the gasket is not leaking to the outside on top of the motor, it may be leaking into the lifter valley...

Crazygn, good luck and I hope you have finally figured it out...Now go out and burn some tires up!!! ;)

ON my V2 I just found some oil leakage from the floor of the intake. I took it off and couldn't find anyplace where the oil could be leaking in. Even used die, baked it in oven and used black light. We ended up coating the bottom welds with epoxy. It seems to have cured the smoking, but haven't driven it much yet. Turbo 6x2 had the same trouble with a V3. You might have some bad welds on your intake that are causing problems.

Ok, what happened to 6 to go's post??? He had one in here somewhere, because I responded to it... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Men in Black, were you getting a lot of what seemed to be blowby, ie, alot of oil out the valve cover breather, and oil leaks, like rear main and valve cover gaskets???

crazygn, do you have any of those symptoms??? That could also be why you're having a hard time getting the rpms up...

I sold my V2 car - my dad is in the process of rebuilding the engine (washed rings). The car should scream if he ever gets it back together.

No blowby or outside oil leaks, just smoking when it idled. We saw what looked like cracks on the floor of the intake. I cleaned it with brake clean and ran it until it started smoking and took it apart again and there were oil spots around the cracks.

Turbimotion v2

I see a few people havin problems with thier v2. I thought Jay had all the bugs worked out.
Dale

Well, I started pulling the ----- apart today. Found
a bad exhaust leak (on the highly vaunted ATR stainless up pipe),
and a bad oil leak at the turbo. Going to change the intake gasket
and see if I can find a vacuum leak now. Also going to put on the 87 turbo. And then if it won't run right, anybody want to try it,
because it will be for sale as soon as it is painted! I'm out of ideas.

Holy! Sounds like a lot of probs with the V2 kit. MIB, let me know what you come up with, as i haven't put mine on yet. And if it was with the welds, i'll have to check it out before I slsap er on.

well since i cant keep my car running with the 87 maf pluged in and it runs better unpluged , i dont think i'l be driving it any time soon. Maybe i'll try to check it out on mine. might be my problem with the motor.

Hey crazygn, if your intake does have enough of a leak under pressure when running, then instead of all the air going into the cyls, you only have partial air going there, but the ecm is still dumping fuel for the whole portion of air that it thinks it's getting, then it would be running PIG rich and you probably wouldn't be able to build rpms...

At least that is the line of thinking that I'm following right now...Does anyone else see any problems with my line of thinking or am I off-base here??? I'm probably wrong, but WTF is there left to check on his setup??? We've been over everything, and nothing SEEMS to be wrong...I don't know, I've never been this stumped about something like this before... :confused:

FJM568 / Crazygn
I think you are RIGHT:confused: . Before I became a BUICK Turbo V6 FIEND:D , I had a 400 Chevy in a SS Monte Carlo. I had a Performer RPM intake with a 250 NOS plate up under the carb. I could never find my intake leak (Eventially found it, after SPRAYING NOS at 32 degree cold one early Sunday morning {3AM}). To the eye, I could not find any hissing, no blow by, and no antifreeze (atleast not until that cold Sunday morning, I SPRAYED my car 3 runs.... Lost 3 times to a WE4 :mad: ). At the back of my block near the distributor, that piece of SH1T rubber gasket shifted..... I could not figure out why my idle (230/248 Duration Cam, idled like a stocker). I did not realized until that cold morning after purging my lines that it was a leak...... :confused: :confused: WEIRD.... I sat at the line and purged and my idle came back...... To make a long story short.... the machinist who did my block and heads, took too MUCH off the heads and when I first mounted the intake (GOOED with Hi Temp RTV). Everything was cool :D . After break in and a full winter to drive to school 60 miles a day (University of Alabama), I can say it was broken it properly. Off NOS it ran 8.00 in the 1/8. On the NOS, it ran 7.20 and after that it never ran as good. As I tore my motor apart, everything was revealed..... As far as your car... the intelligence of a Buick Turbo computer will correct any short comings.... such as a major vacuum leak under the manifold... What is your vacuum readings at WOT. I would be curious to hook up a vacuum gauge to a direct vacuum port and find out.
If it runs better with the MAF unplugged, then computer is seeing closed loop. I would check all vacuum port and sensors. As a last resort, I might change computers. ? Are getting any codes at all? Just my .02

Chuck MCCray

I thought it could have been the intake gaskets leaking but i just put new ones on about 4 weeks ago and the same thing. Not sure about the welds, never looked at them. My scan tool ios not working to good now but , the thing was reading 40 gps one time at WOT and the next time it would read 140 gps at wot, but never 255 so iam sure the maf is messed up or its some thing else causing it. My trans will go in the shop and back in with the 2800 stall by the end of the week i hope then i'll no if its the trans or not.

Seems to hit 4700-4800 pretty easy now but still seems to hit a rev limit at 5200. The 206cam is go tell 4700-4800 rpm, but i dont think it would die after that.

a new maf and trans will tell. The track wont be open long now i better get moving. :eek: