turbolink boost harness

bigal915

will this harness work on our cars? the harness seems to have a map sensor or something plugged into it.
123_0188.jpg

123_0186.jpg

Yes I believe so. Since it is plug and play there is no down side to trying it.

This assume you have a turbolink connector and the software anyway.

where do all the connections go and what do i do with that map sensor? when i googled the part number there was an ebay listing that said it was for the 89 tta.

The MAP sensor is a 3 bar MAP which will read boost up to 30 PSI. This is normally used with a Razor Alky kit. I have no idea about the other connectors. Brad

The harness got the 5 volt reference signal from the TPS sensor for the 3 bar map sensor. The signal voltage representing the pressure was dumped into the temperature sensor that the turbo link software would interpret from the temperature reading the ECM provided.

Therefore the center two three position sensors bypass the TPS sensor (ie one goes into the sensor and the other the plug that you pulled out of the sensor), the other plugs into the harness the temperature sensor before the MAF sensor, and you know about the plug into the 3 bar map sensor.

so where do you mount that map sensor at? would i use the 86/7 setup on turbolink because the 84/5 doesnt have a boost gauge?

so where do you mount that map sensor at? would i use the 86/7 setup on turbolink because the 84/5 doesnt have a boost gauge?

The MAP sensor on a Hot Air is on the pasenger side inner fender. The stock Hot Air MAP sensor only operates the boost gauge in the dash. This is the bar gauge which normally does not work correctly. The stock MAP sensor only reads up to 15 PSI. The three bar MAP sensor you have replaces the one you have. Brad

ok im still lost in where to plug the little white 2 pin connector. does anyone have any pics? will this make the boost gauge more accurate or allow me to see boost in turbolink 4.1?
thanks for the help so far guys.

Pretty sure its the MAT sensor. Usually installed in the end of a K&N or in stock airbox (on 87). If you have swapped over to IC ECM I think you should already have a MAT sensor installed.

Attachments

• iat-sensor.jpg
    iat-sensor.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 64