turbo?

I would not buy another pt51 again. After a year and two rebuilds i went to t60. The 60 spooled faster then 51 did with the same converter.
Alex

I would not buy another pt51 again. After a year and two rebuilds i went to t60. The 60 spooled faster then 51 did with the same converter.
Alex

Originally posted by alex
Alex

LOL ....you can say that agin ..:D

board is all screwed up ..I know what your going thru ...plenty have let them know they need to do something but it all comes down to if they care to fix it.

cutting off all the luxuries worked for a while but now that they took all the goodies away and its messed up what they gonna do now ..:confused:

I agree with ya on the spool up ...its bad when you go to big turbo and it spools just as fast or faster.

I think the Whole internet is having problems. My other usual websites are messed up, too.

A TE60 has a Larger compressor, while maintaining a TE44 Turbine. Like above, I'd do that before going to a 51 (Same compressor as TE44, different turbine wheel)

If I where in the market for a used turbo, I'd pay $400 for a known good, low mile used TA49/TE44, but I don't think I would go that high for a 51. I'd want a warranty.

Originally posted by UNGN
If I where in the market for a used turbo, I'd pay $400 for a known good, low mile used TA49/TE44, but I don't think I would go that high for a 51. I'd want a warranty.

Yep, that's just what I did. Reds your TA49 is still going strong. ;) With the new heads/cam I've got in the car I'm curious to see how far I can push the little 49 before I have to upgrade. :)

Originally posted by TRBON8R
Yep, that's just what I did. Reds your TA49 is still going strong. ;) With the new heads/cam I've got in the car I'm curious to see how far I can push the little 49 before I have to upgrade. :)

atleast 121.54 mph ... proven at 23-24#

can I have the turbo back when your done ..:)