turbo upgrade to ????

kraus

So i am looking to upgrade want to get in the mid to low 10's full interior on drag radial.with alot of what have below.want something with quick spool and don't have to push the daylights out of it to get it to the 10 area.I am going with a 3500 stall for sure and built trans no brake just alot of good hard stuff.So i looked at a 6776 bb and a 70bb but i am no expert on turbo and choosing of turbo.So i need your help here guys.Like i said street car full interior,ac,cruise etc.What is a good turbo for what i have and what if anything should i change in combo.Below is my combo now....the reason for upgrad is abuddy is looking to do a turbo v8 project and wants my turbo,and i was thinking of going bigger originally and didn't.

i am planning on a rear h and r sway bar and set of adjustable shocks rear to help more with planting it all...thanks iin advance guys.

well sold the 61 today looking for the upgrade now, anybody got any thoughts here......

The BB 70 works well with a 3500 stall I put one on a friends car (went from a 45a) spools about the same but man does it put u back in the seat harder.

The 70mm BB is a sweet turbo but you can get a PT70 Journal bearing for half the price from a few board members.:wink: If you are going to a 3500 stall, should be no problems. I am actually dropping down from a PT 70 to a 6776 BB.

anybody else i am going to be ordering one soon ,just want to get the right one for street and occasianal track .Something quic spool and work well with what already have below in sig.....

3500 is too much stall for a 67BB. That will be insane spoolup and pointless for a street car. Why so much stall??

well its got a 2800 pos converter in it now and spools for garbage,but it is a poston boss hogg maybe thats why.Tranny needs a rebuild with good stuff,so i was thinking 3500 in like a 10 inch 911 or something else.

I would look into a PTC convertor, search for Dusty Bradford.

Get the 70mm if your going with the 3500 stall, id also jump up to a larger set of injunkters

BW

turbo

I run a gtq70bb with a 3200 vig:biggrin:
Spools like crazy and gets good mpg's. Spanks the hell outta cars that run alot faster than you wanna go!! BTW went from a 6776 bb. Spools better WTF?? My car likes it!!

The 70 is a large turbo for a street car. Unless your looking to go 9's there's no need for anything larger than the 67 dbb on a street car. Going to big just creates issues with spool time and driveability.

I'd do the 67dbb and try it. If the converter doesn't work right, get a better converter. This will get you the best of both worlds and you'll be much happier. If you over turbo and over stall the engine, it will be dog to drive.

I was thinking 350 but maybe its to big ,the poston is a 12 inch and not cutting it so it is coming out for sure and tranny is slipping 2nd to 3rd so know is the time to upgrade for sure...

Clark6 just went 10.6x with 67BB and a 3k stall 9.5" Edge Racing conv and 24# boost.