Turbo Tune in Greensboro NC

Buicksx2

RCA: Home of the The Jack
Hi All,

I am posting this for a friend who moved from NY to NC and is looking to get his TR roadworthy again.

Has anyone had any experience with them and if so how did you like them and their service and I will pass it along to my friend Perry.

Thanks in advance for any and all opinions.

I would probably skip that place. We need to know where your friend is located. There are many very good TR shops in NC.

TR shops in southern VA/NC along I 95/85

Just wondering if there are any good places in VA/NA along I 95/85 that anyone would recommend? Or any local TR owners who have had good luck in this area.
Thanks,
Mitchell

I can say personally that Mark Riley @ turbo tune does great work. His shop is not the cleanest place you will ever find but he knows his $hit when it comes to the turbo regals. He has been working on them since they were new. if you have any questions be sure to give him a call . Tell him that Pat broughton from randleman sent ya there. (336) 378-1252. I have had him helping me on my car since i owned it back in 99.

I've went there before i had my GN with a friend to get his tuned. All i can say is that place is disgusting! It's a small block garage with stuff thrown everywhere and no order whatsoever. The biggest shame of it all is all the Turbo Regals sitting behind the building in the fenced in area that he's hording that could be a nice project for some TR lover. Not saying he doesn't know tuning, i wouldn't know because he didn't tune my car. Just find it hard to believe that any true Buick enthusiast would have a mess like that!

Just my opinion, that's all :cool:

i know that all of those cars are no longer there. I know this cause i have moved them all. some of them cars belong to his customer that had no place to store them after blowing them up awaiting till they get the money to fix them. i know cause my car has been in that lot before too.

I had no way of knowing that Slo, good to hear. Just was giving my opinion based on what i saw. Obviously you have a different opinion, no big deal. Never going to bring mine there but glad to hear you've done well :D

I had no way of knowing that Slo, good to hear. Just was giving my opinion based on what i saw. Obviously you have a different opinion, no big deal. Never going to bring mine there but glad to hear you've done well :D

hey man it's all good where are you located ? besure to check out our local car club GMturbo6@yahoo.com

I remember about a place ( no longer in business) in Hainesport, NJ called "Turbo Tune"...They were doing some mods and tuning on the cars that appeared in the early 90's videos (Buick Grand National vol.1 & 2). Are they related?...:confused: ...speaking of them, I wonder whatever happened to them?...

Claude

Hi All,

I am posting this for a friend who moved from NY to NC and is looking to get his TR roadworthy again.

Has anyone had any experience with them and if so how did you like them and their service and I will pass it along to my friend Perry.

Thanks in advance for any and all opinions.

Rich,

Where in NC is Perry relocating to? We're in Charlotte.

K.

hey man it's all good where are you located ? besure to check out our local car club GMturbo6@yahoo.com

I used to live in Goldsboro, NC but i've since moved to Sumter, SC. Still go up there quite a bit though, got 3 friends with TR's there. Since were on the topic do you know of a good tuner in SC??

I used to live in Goldsboro, NC but i've since moved to Sumter, SC. Still go up there quite a bit though, got 3 friends with TR's there. Since were on the topic do you know of a good tuner in SC??

no i don't know anybody that works on TR in the great tate of SC.

I remember about a place ( no longer in business) in Hainesport, NJ called "Turbo Tune"...They were doing some mods and tuning on the cars that appeared in the early 90's videos (Buick Grand National vol.1 & 2). Are they related?...:confused: ...speaking of them, I wonder whatever happened to them?...

Claude

Theyre not related. Last I heard one of the former owners of the NJ Turbo Tune was working at Hypertech.

I had Turbo Tune in Greensboro tune my we-4. He does know his stuff about turbo Buicks, but I think he is a little old school. I had to explain to him how the alky kit worked, and he told me that the first thing I needed to do was to take it off. He got pissed about not being able to tune my car with alcohol, and threw the wideband filter at a customers Syclone, putting a dent in the door. He ended up with 5 extra horsepower, but 3 miles up the road, the car was not even driveable and I had to pull over and change everything back to where it was. He has built some cars that make some serious power, but I will never take my car there again.

Just get ahold of Shane,,,,,,,,, he can line ya up with some good wrench's for your friend.

I almost forgot. Since the last time I was at Turbo Tune, I have spent over 20k under the hood of my car and I believe you get what you pay for. I have spent money with Anderson Performance, Cottons, RJC Racing, and Chassis Pro Race cars and have been nothing but satisfied. I would rather tow my car to Andersons or to Cottons than I would leave it in the hands of a slob with a temper issue.

Wayne Haydock

I had Turbo Tune in Greensboro tune my we-4. He does know his stuff about turbo Buicks, but I think he is a little old school. I had to explain to him how the alky kit worked, and he told me that the first thing I needed to do was to take it off. He got pissed about not being able to tune my car with alcohol, and threw the wideband filter at a customers Syclone, putting a dent in the door. He ended up with 5 extra horsepower, but 3 miles up the road, the car was not even driveable and I had to pull over and change everything back to where it was. He has built some cars that make some serious power, but I will never take my car there again.

Yeah, i remember that temper haha! When me and another friend went to watch him tune my buddy's GN, he got all pi$$ed off because we were hanging around the shop. Then told us to get out haha!

This was a built car with a FAST system, alky, 70mm and GN1 aluminum heads, the best he could tune it to was 420hp :confused:

Give Keith (NCTURBOS) & Khai (knperformance) a call at NC Performance in Charlotte. They're pretty much centralized off I-85 and I-77 near the airport. They've been helping us since we first had our low mile GN years ago, going above and beyond.