Turbo to Intake Adapter O rings

hamer

anyone got a part # for these 2 o rings? i just called postons and the guy didnt know what i was talkin about. but he said they prbly aint got them.

Hello,
well just replaced both of mine for like .99 cents each. I purchased them through chase-pitkins. I would take them off and bring them to size them up and make sure you get the right ones. I am sure any big store like home-depot, Lowes would have them. They were suppose to be for faucets but they fit like a glove............Frank

O-ring

Any o-ring should work that is close to the right diameter.Got mine at the local parts store for 50 cents for both!

There's an industrial supply company Called McMaster-Carr in Chicago that sells a wide variety of O-rings. I found some teflon covered viton O-rings in their catalog that take the shape of the adapter and intake and hold it. Rated to 450 degrees and impervious to gasoline or nitro. Pricey, but I think they'll be worth it in the long run. Compare the temp ratings on O-rings with the temp of the air coming out of your turbo.

Thanks for the info...I work for SPL in chicago and we buy a lot from McMaster. I never thought to look at them for my o-rings. Thanks again. :)

O-rings

No problem. Their catalog gives alot of good data on all the O-ring formulations as well as temp ratings. Happy shopping!! Al

if all else fails, spend the money and buy the FELPRO set. It is 15 dollars, and comes with the two o-rings, the thermostat gasket, and a couple other gaskets...I forget right now, but I have it in my garage. It is called the 1984-85 Buick GN intake gasket set. You can probably find them easy on federal-mogul site online. Like I said...If you are in the mood for replacing a bunch of things, it is a good kit, but it is 15 bucks. A little steep for just O-rings.

Good Luck!

John