Turbo to Downpipe Gasket

kyturbo

This is also posted in the Parts wanted section.

Anyone have an idea where to buy this gasket??
I previously purchased them from ATR
Thanks

gasket

my best guess would be to contact one (or if necessary all) of the following:
1) Precision Turbo (PTE) in Hebron, IN
2) Limit Engineering
3) Specialty Component Engineering (SCE) Performance Racing Gaskets
at 1122 W. Ave. L-12 Lancaster, CA 93534

Hope this helps .......... BW Jones

Do you mean the lead gasket to the stock D/P? You can get them at Advance, but I can't recall the part number. I remember they had an exploded view of that area on the computer and I was able to pick it out. I think it was around $7

Yeah, let us know which gasket it is. We are working with Jason at RJC right now to get him a gasket (ATR pipe w/ external wastegate). Once he has one, he can use that as a template and possibly make some.
If you don't have an external wastegate, I believe SE turbo makes the gasket you need.

if you have the stock style waste gate you should not use a gasket there. It won't hurt performance if the flange leaks there. If you install a gasket it could make the WG puck not seat flush on the turbo housing causing a leak. this will hurt performance, cause slow spool etc.

I am using a 3" ATR downpipe with external wastegate.

Excellent. That's the gasket I need too. Do you happen to have an old one off the car that you could send to Jason? I'll pay for shipping or what not.

Unfortunately mine came off in pieces, I may have an old one to send to Jason. I will let you know if I find one.

I need one too. I have an old copper one for my ATR downpipe and its cracked a little but it is complete. Its not sealing anymore and I need a new one.

a turbo to downpipe gasket causes the wastegate not to seat?? hmmm never heard of that in my life. been runnin one for YEARS. and its ok if its leaks? yea, then condensation from when you first start the car, runs out of that joint like a FAUCET. im not sure how a ball/socket type joint would seal without a gasket there. and yea, it wont actually hurt performance, but itll be a tad louder, and leak all the time. not sure how desireable that would be.... i bought mine at murrays for 5 bucks. dont have the part number though. i could get it for you though.

Mine is an external gate and the gasket seals to both holes individually. So I would guess that the external gate needs to be seated to the turbo for proper operation. So thats why I need that one. I would guess the other gaskets have 1 single large hole for the hole thing. But I am unsure.

a turbo to downpipe gasket causes the wastegate not to seat?? hmmm never heard of that in my life. been runnin one for YEARS. and its ok if its leaks? yea, then condensation from when you first start the car, runs out of that joint like a FAUCET. im not sure how a ball/socket type joint would seal without a gasket there. and yea, it wont actually hurt performance, but itll be a tad louder, and leak all the time. not sure how desireable that would be.... i bought mine at murrays for 5 bucks. dont have the part number though. i could get it for you though.

they are not talking about the stock elbow to stock DP pipe gasket, they are talking about putting a gasket between the elbow and the turbine housing of the turbo with a stock style waste gate puck. if you space the face of the elbow away from the turbo the puck will swing past flush and be at an angle hence not seal.

if you have the stock style waste gate you should not use a gasket there. It won't hurt performance if the flange leaks there. If you install a gasket it could make the WG puck not seat flush on the turbo housing causing a leak. this will hurt performance, cause slow spool etc.

yep your right slow spool for me after install:mad:

Yea i know that, but i just read the main topic. the one that started the thread. turbo to downpipe gasket. i didnt pay attention. though why would they talk about an elbow gasket, when the question was where do i find a turbo to downpipe gasket? lol.

Seturbo makes this ATR ext wastegaste gasket you need. I bought two of them at the Southeast musclecar national in Reynolds Ga in November. I am not sure if they have them listed on there website. Give them a call.

Gasket

Seturbo makes this ATR ext wastegaste gasket you need. I bought two of them at the Southeast musclecar national in Reynolds Ga in November. I am not sure if they have them listed on there website. Give them a call.

3.8vsix is correct. Contact Paul at SETurbo...he'll hook you up. I bought one from him a few months back.