Turbo Thunder VII

Roland Black

I had a GREAT time there saturday!!!!!

Special thanks to some folks;

GENO for taking on the event, and running it well. Dave for assistance.

John Galina, Lyn, and Paul for bringing their rides all the way from Las Vegas to participate. The "EH" team of Darcy, Gurtz and Richard for trucking down from Canada, the Boise Boys of Dave, Sean and Ron for hauling their rides over, the locals who always attend, and the new faces that showed up.

There were some bad ass rides there, as in wicked! But, the best race of the day in my opinion, was Sean in his TT V8 Syclone against Dennis in his stage 2 T type. Dennis got Sean off the line and had a decent lead, but Sean managed to get him on the top end..... Sean's 9:10's versus Dennis and his 9:20's. Aaahhh, it doesn't get any better than that!

My thanks to ALL who attended, it was a great day!

Well said, Roland. I had a good time too aside from my breakage! I really liked watching the fast guys run! :D

I myself had a blast! I didnt race but had my WE-4's (The only one there, turns out) hood open the whole time :cool: I loved seeing everyone's cars, and gotta let the guys AND gals who were racing know that they put on a hell of a show. Our cars were easily the crowd's favorites. I loved hearing small children talk to their parents..."These cars are really quiet!", "I know, and really fast too!" -replied the parent... :smile:

I will be there next year, that is for sure.

Roland Black said:
I had a GREAT time there saturday!!!!!

Special thanks to some folks;

GENO for taking on the event, and running it well. Dave for assistance.

John Galina, Lyn, and Paul for bringing their rides all the way from Las Vegas to participate. The "EH" team of Darcy, Gurtz and Richard for trucking down from Canada, the Boise Boys of Dave, Sean and Ron for hauling their rides over, the locals who always attend, and the new faces that showed up.

There were some bad ass rides there, as in wicked! But, the best race of the day in my opinion, was Sean in his TT V8 Syclone against Dennis in his stage 2 T type. Dennis got Sean off the line and had a decent lead, but Sean managed to get him on the top end..... Sean's 9:10's versus Dennis and his 9:20's. Aaahhh, it doesn't get any better than that!

My thanks to ALL who attended, it was a great day!
thanks roland. we had a great time. btw my name is len

Sorry Len..... I can pronounce it, just can't spell it! :redface:

Thanks again for all your efforts. Can't wait to see you next year with the new motor.

len I will be in vegas on thursday friday saturday and sunday lets hook up for a beer as a thanks for fixin my typhoon..

maitai1993 said:
len I will be in vegas on thursday friday saturday and sunday lets hook up for a beer as a thanks for fixin my typhoon..
well-----thursday is out for me. friday evening i am taking the car to test and tune to make my adv lisence pass's and then taking the car back to the chassis shop in phoenix sat. morning. want to go to the track?

This event was a great time!!! Thanks Geno for dealing with all the crap to make it run smooth and getting a fat guy t-shirt made.

I personally like this track facility better then Woodburn. I did not bring a vehicle and run down the track this time but will next year.

Nice to see all the people that turn out every year and the new ones this year.

See you all next year,

So how many people showed up?

I think my whole family will make it next year with few cars just ask potato farmer. So what did the pay outs end up being? It sounds like you guys had a blast wish I could have gone but had a new one come and I have to say that was a lot of fun too.
Chris Lindsay

Big Dave said:
This event was a great time!!! Thanks Geno for dealing with all the crap to make it run smooth and getting a fat guy t-shirt made.

I personally like this track facility better then Woodburn. I did not bring a vehicle and run down the track this time but will next year.

Nice to see all the people that turn out every year and the new ones this year.

See you all next year,
gene and his wife did a great job and we had a good time. looking forward to next year and running faster. maybe next year big dave will remember the baby oil! :biggrin:

volvoman said:
I think my whole family will make it next year with few cars just ask potato farmer. So what did the pay outs end up being? It sounds like you guys had a blast wish I could have gone but had a new one come and I have to say that was a lot of fun too.
Chris Lindsay

I can't remember exactly what the payouts were....because I didn't win... :mad:

But basically, it was $600+ for 1st, and approx $400+ for 2nd, and 3rd paid back the $20 Turbo Thunder entrance fee. Very cool how much they were able to raise from all of the sponsors. It was just icing on the cake to a great time all around. :D

c&cgn said:
But basically, it was $600+ for 1st, and approx $400+ for 2nd, and 3rd paid back the $20 Turbo Thunder entrance fee.

Payout was 3x times more than the G S C A could pry out of their wallets for the nats :rolleyes: ... Kudos to Gene, the generous sponsors, and all the participants that made the race such a huge success :)

Screw the Nats, Next year more people need to show up for this event and try to claim their prize $$$$. It pays to race in the PNW! :D