Turbo tank and Na tank

Dutchboy

What is the difference in these tanks. I have a 87GN and I was told that it might have a tank out of a n/a regal. Please describe the difference.. Pictures would be AWESOME!

FI tank is baffled and it has a sump box for the fuel pump so it stays in fuel when accelerating, NA doesnt
i wouldn't reccomend running an NA tank with intank fuel pump, but they are good for doing sumps

if you look at the underside of the tank you should be able to see the spot welds for the baffles if its a FI tank

If you keep the fuel pump in the stock location, watch out for aftermarket tanks that are for turbo cars, as the baffle sucks compared to a stock one:mad:

ive had my tank off and the inside has like a cup that the fuel pump sits in...

Yep.. you need a turbo tank. A N/A tank or aftermarket will cause you to have fuel slosh on hard take off's
If you have the other style tank you'll need at least a 1/2 tank to not have it make air in the fuel line on launch.
~Scott.

Ha that is exactly the problem that Im having. :mad: Oh well I just talked to someone and they are going to swap me tanks. Thank you!