Turbo T vs por HS kid

nolitlwhls

Ok I got my car from Shawn Farrell out it NJ real good guy, Stock looking T except for the drag radials, out in my area there are very few people who even know what a Turbo Regal is so it makes it fun, This car puts out in the area of 500hp and it screams, Shawn ran an easy 11.07 in NJ before I got from him and he had it listed on this site where I got it, After getting it now I know why there are so many in car videos with these cars, you have to have one to see their jaw drop.
Just like most HS kids they think everything they have is fast, I tried to run this kid here with about a 94 95ish firebird with my stock GN I had but he wouldnt even look at me, BUT I happened to run up beside him goin through town with my T, his car is fairly loud kinda hard not to tell it has an exhaust system, I throttled it enough to get his attention at that point he starts punching it trying to get me to run him finally we had to stop for the RR crossing where we had to wait for the Amtrac to unload SO I asked him if his car was fast and he let me know several times that it was the fastest car in town, which I knew for a fact it wasnt anywhere close, He told me how much he had done to it and more than once told me how fast it was, He noticed my car was turbo'd but didnt have a clue what it was, tried several times to get him to run for money, and of course he didnt have any money but he still let me know it was the fastest in town. Sooo I had to give in and run him for free, you know just to let him know how far he was from fast, but he also let me know that his car was true american muscle, I told him thats nots not TRUE american muscle, I let know the buicks help build his car, he wasnt phazed
I had to start the race because he also had a manual, which I knew it wasnt a race but I just had to show him what he didnt know, on the third honk I waited for him to start to move and he didnt move, he thought he was goin to run me down, so I rolled a little bit to get him to go and I lit him up I didnt hold much back, got to the end and waited for him, he pulls up and there was another kid behind us following and he knew what a TB was he kinda filled him in on the TB by the time I got back to where they had parked the kid behind us had filmed it with his phone and all you can see are taillights and then the start and my lights are completely gone and his are still there. I am rollin I dont think he thought it was as funny as I did, needless to say he stopped bragging on his pontiac, but he wouldnt even look at my car, I did give him a rolling start 5-6 lengths or better and I still smoked his ass, NO it wasnt a fair race his little low pro street tires werent going to cut it but damn it was fun, The other kid that filmed it with his phone followed behind us and he said I was hazing the tires quite a ways when I left and I didnt even feel it, I tried to get a copy of the movie from the kids phone but I never got it, :D

Ok I got my car from Shawn Farrell out it NJ real good guy, Stock looking T except for the drag radials, out in my area there are very few people who even know what a Turbo Regal is so it makes it fun, This car puts out in the area of 500hp and it screams, Shawn ran an easy 11.07 in NJ before I got from him and he had it listed on this site where I got it, After getting it now I know why there are so many in car videos with these cars, you have to have one to see their jaw drop.
Just like most HS kids they think everything they have is fast, I tried to run this kid here with about a 94 95ish firebird with my stock GN I had but he wouldnt even look at me, BUT I happened to run up beside him goin through town with my T, his car is fairly loud kinda hard not to tell it has an exhaust system, I throttled it enough to get his attention at that point he starts punching it trying to get me to run him finally we had to stop for the RR crossing where we had to wait for the Amtrac to unload SO I asked him if his car was fast and he let me know several times that it was the fastest car in town, which I knew for a fact it wasnt anywhere close, He told me how much he had done to it and more than once told me how fast it was, He noticed my car was turbo'd but didnt have a clue what it was, tried several times to get him to run for money, and of course he didnt have any money but he still let me know it was the fastest in town. Sooo I had to give in and run him for free, you know just to let him know how far he was from fast, but he also let me know that his car was true american muscle, I told him thats nots not TRUE american muscle, I let know the buicks help build his car, he wasnt phazed
I had to start the race because he also had a manual, which I knew it wasnt a race but I just had to show him what he didnt know, on the third honk I waited for him to start to move and he didnt move, he thought he was goin to run me down, so I rolled a little bit to get him to go and I lit him up I didnt hold much back, got to the end and waited for him, he pulls up and there was another kid behind us following and he knew what a TB was he kinda filled him in on the TB by the time I got back to where they had parked the kid behind us had filmed it with his phone and all you can see are taillights and then the start and my lights are completely gone and his are still there. I am rollin I dont think he thought it was as funny as I did, needless to say he stopped bragging on his pontiac, but he wouldnt even look at my car, I did give him a rolling start 5-6 lengths or better and I still smoked his ass, NO it wasnt a fair race his little low pro street tires werent going to cut it but damn it was fun, The other kid that filmed it with his phone followed behind us and he said I was hazing the tires quite a ways when I left and I didnt even feel it, I tried to get a copy of the movie from the kids phone but I never got it, :D

nice kill. stupid punk kids.

Nice kill

Time to start tinkering with the suspension. I went thru a set of drag radials in about 3 months hazing the tires like that from 30 mph roll ons and what not. Uppers, correct pinion angle, and a good sway bar should help matters.

This car has about everything, I havent updated my sig yet but main reason it hazed the tires I didnt warm them up first I couldnt even tell it was spinning it couldnt have been much cause it launched hard and on very poor asphalt.

Nice kill! I ran into a kid earlier this year that had an SS Camaro, probabaly a 2000 or so. My buddy and I were in my GN which only had a 3'' exhaust on it at the time and his car only had an exhaust from what I could tell. He was revving at me in traffic and we finally got talking to each other and he wouldn't run me. Once we got next to each other he turned as soon as he could. It was pretty funny for sure, since he started it!

Nice kill man. Way to sucker it to him like that. I doubt he'll be asking to race you any time soon.

When I get mine I've got 2 people I want to run.

This guy with a Jetta and a guy with a Bronco.

Both cars are kinda slow actually. Under 200HP, both.

I'm just raring to show them up. They think they're the toughest, fastest cats in the whole city.

Nice kill man. Way to sucker it to him like that. I doubt he'll be asking to race you any time soon.

When I get mine I've got 2 people I want to run.

This guy with a Jetta and a guy with a Bronco.

Both cars are kinda slow actually. Under 200HP, both.

I'm just raring to show them up. They think they're the toughest, fastest cats in the whole city.

A jetta and a bronco? What kind of drugs are those two guys on? I have a jetta 1.8t for my daily driver and it would take a lot of money to make that thing fast.

nice kill BTW!

You have a te49a turbo listed in your signature. Who makes that....I have never heard of it. It must be a great turbo to be able to run that et/mph with only 18# boost. Where can I get one of these turbos?

I remember how I felt as a HS kid back in 1980 while driving around town in my 68 camaro with all that 2bbl 305ci power on tap. I'd floor it and that powerglide would kick into passing gear and the world would just fly by....I was a GOD!:p

Thanks for the kind words,And Im glad you are having fun with the car.

Have you upped the boost from the 16psi I set it to when I sent it to you?Even at 16psi...the car is a beast.KDK in Florida built the whole car,And did an awesome job.I ran 12.1@122.6 on a 215-65-15 Firestone radials.

remember...when your ready to sell...I want to buy it back.So dont lose my #.

shawn

(trade you for a nice fast TTA...;) )

Got any snow out your way Shawn? I didnt get to do alot with the car before it started getting busy and the weather went down hill, I didnt get a chance to try upping the boost yet either it doesnt need it yet. I almost went to Norman OK decided I didnt have enough time, Guy I sold my GN to from Russell KS went and said it was good.
Another guy in town has a RS/SS camaro with a 427 I told him what this car was capable of and he didnt believe me, pretty skepitcal, till I took him for a ride, he was throughly impressed, I kinda hooked like a jet fighter and thats all I needed to say.:biggrin:

I wouldn't say the kids were punks, just uneducated. When my now 8 year old would ride in my f-body, he thought it was the fastest thing in the world. I had to let him know the sad truth... there is always someone faster. Respect all fast domestic cars and eat rice.

It must have been nice to educate a non-believer on the street. Nice kill.

heh heh, maybe you provided the motivation for him to actually learn about performance and start doing some real mods!

i'm sure we all remember the days when we thought we were king of the streets in whatever beater we had back in high school (mine was a supercharged '95 riviera, pretty much stock except for when i took the air filter off so you could hear that baby whine, lol), and we all probably remember the first time somebody handed our @$$ to us in an actual fast car and motivated us to be the performance parts addicts we are today. its cool that you got to be that guy for the next generation!

I know that for me it was a schooling by a Turbo Buick (See 'My Malibu and this odd, black car' thread by me) that made me sit up and get more serious about minor things, like TRACTION and boost and 60-foot times. Also learned the depressing street rule mentioned above - there's always someone quicker/faster than you.

Good run!

Jim

Got any snow out your way Shawn? I didnt get to do alot with the car before it started getting busy and the weather went down hill, I didnt get a chance to try upping the boost yet either it doesnt need it yet. I almost went to Norman OK decided I didnt have enough time, Guy I sold my GN to from Russell KS went and said it was good.
Another guy in town has a RS/SS camaro with a 427 I told him what this car was capable of and he didnt believe me, pretty skepitcal, till I took him for a ride, he was throughly impressed, I kinda hooked like a jet fighter and thats all I needed to say.:biggrin:

Bring it to Noble next year, I would love to see that car in person. I looked really hard at it when Shawn bought it, but my wife wouldn't let me spend that much (good deal, sure as heck couldnt build it for that). Ended up buying the exact twin car, but mine has blue int instead of the gray:(

it sucks... i live right down the road from noble (i'm in goldsby now), but my t is broken and i don't have any time or money to fix it right now.

it sucks... i live right down the road from noble (i'm in goldsby now), but my t is broken and i don't have any time or money to fix it right now.

Wow, you are close. You've got 11 months and 1 week to get it going for next years shootout. Hopefully youll get it going by then