Turbo T or GMC Typhoon?

^^ So it would just be labeled as a Regal?

I would go with the buick.Do injectors in a buick and then do them on a typhoon:eek: Watch out for insurance.I had Statefarm on my limited for 2 years when they called me and asked to double check the the eight digit of my vin.My insurance went up $300 a year. I was pissed but they also told me if the car was totaled they would have paid for a plain regal which I thought was bs because they had the right vin #.They tried the same crap on my Zr1. So be careful

Get the buick!! My first car was a 78 regal turbo!!! This can be a HUGE opportunity to bond with your popps!!!

go TR

i agree that they are easy to work on and understand, parts are available and plus you won't have to pluck down the whole 13K to get a good car. with the economy the way it is you could probably spend half that and still get a good buick with alotta life left in her. as stated previously there is alot of respect that goes with driving them as well as unwanted attention so expect it. they are easy to steal if they aren't protected and a thieves wet dream when it comes to something that want to rag on. your freinds will want to drive it because of the rep they have and can uphold. just use your common sense when buying one and if you don't know alot about it just ask on here. check out the for sale section i've seen some for 5-6K on here that are in good shape. heck i went to houston before i bought my car to look at one. spent 200 for gas and food for my brother and brother in law. car wound up being a rust bucket. read up on some old posts on what to look for and you should be ok. any mechanic worth his weight can work on these cars blindfolded but then again i don't just let anyone put their hands on my car.

If you already have a car, go for the truck. Your in the desert so it wont be there for you in the snow ... BUT you will have a "bed" to carry big things in.

The Buick has a way bigger aftermarket ---

If you aren't mechanically inclined or not willing to learn ALOT on the maintainance and upkeep area (these cars do break!), I'd say to not consider either as they are not good daily drivers on the whole especially with alot of mods. You will also need to factor at least $1000-$1500 for an additional purchase of spares if you are going to drive the car often. Good luck!

If you aren't mechanically inclined or not willing to learn ALOT on the maintainance and upkeep area (these cars do break!), I'd say to not consider either as they are not good daily drivers on the whole especially with alot of mods. You will also need to factor at least $1000-$1500 for an additional purchase of spares if you are going to drive the car often. Good luck!

That's another thing I was about ask. Even though I so have my dad to help me out. What's the best way to learn about Turbo Buicks? Because to be honest I am not really mechanically inclined to really work on cars yet. But I am really willing to learn.

The Turbo T is a bad bitch. Since you live in the desert it should not be that hard to find a rust free car. 13k will get something nice. Good luck.

As soon as I gave Geico the VIN they asked about modifications and turbo size. It still isn't super expensive...but way more then just a regal. And I have a clean record.

It's alright. Me and my dad are going to combine each others insurance into one bill and half it between us.

Get a 6-8K Turbo Regal that runs well but is rough cosmetically, put the rest toward paying for furthering education.

That's another thing I was about ask. Even though I so have my dad to help me out. What's the best way to learn about Turbo Buicks? Because to be honest I am not really mechanically inclined to really work on cars yet. But I am really willing to learn.

Be like a sponge and soak everything up! Find the other TR owners in your area and hang with them. I'm sure they'll educate you in the process. Two great sites to study up at are vortex buicks and GNTTYPE.org Lots to review and learn there. You can do it!:wink:

Be like a sponge and soak everything up! Find the other TR owners in your area and hang with them. I'm sure they'll educate you in the process. Two great sites to study up at are vortex buicks and GNTTYPE.org Lots to review and learn there. You can do it!:wink:

Thanks Evans. But I have no idea where the TR owners are in Vegas. Most of the people in Vegas (that I can see) are into the import scene.

I have both, drove the Phoon for few years while the Buick was down, no big issue (just a head gasket) Great truck to drive, comes out of the whole like a bat out of hell with some boost but falls on his face on the top end.Never the less, it's fun to drive. Now that being said, I vote for the Buick any day for the looks, speed, easy to work on, after market parts, respect and fear in the minds of other drivers.

HTH

Prasad:biggrin: