Turbo T no boost, zero, zilch, nada - I think I found the problem

86GN-862+2

While working on this car and getting it to run decent, I noticed it would not build boost at all. Swapped the leaking stock turbo for a known good PT 51 I had sitting around for a while. Buttoned it all up and went for a test drive. Ran awesome if it had been a NA car. So, where is the boost? Took it apart, inspected all cavities up top with a probe camera and all check out OK. Checked for leaks boost and exhaust and found tiny ones but not enough for zero boost! Slept it off and today I jacked up the car to find this...

Awesome sounding TRUE DUAL exhaust...

REALLY??

Last edited:
That's the turbo bypass mod. Read about it on ls1tech. Gets rid of that annoying silly whistle sounds that our cars make.

Such a shame of pretty clean welds.
Although, that gives me a safety idea. Better than any valet mode alarm. Install electric cut out for when it's off to get serviced. Its already there, why not use it?

Last edited:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can this be!!!!!!!!!?????????????? Where is the 3rd pipe? I don't get it. I see the drivers side header. I see the passenger side header......Or is it the down pipe? I'm confused, There a pipe open somewhere.....NO???

How can this be!!!!!!!!!?????????????? Where is the 3rd pipe? I don't get it. I see the drivers side header. I see the passenger side header......Or is it the down pipe? I'm confused, There a pipe open somewhere.....NO???
Look closely. ..they T'ed into the crossover just before it goes up to the turbo.

I need to know, I have to know, You have to tell us............................

How in THE GOOD LORDS NAME were you able to tell the owner of this Buick what was wrong without busting out, falling down all over the floor laughing your ass off.

Please tell us how this story ended.

Thought ive seen it all until this...now I truly have..