Turbo-T LIMITED Seating Options?

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
1987 LIMITED with split bench seat & fold down arm-rest. The driver side seat foam is broken down somewhat & slopes downward towards the door. The seat also reclines back a bit too far. I really prefer bucket seats that sit more upright.

Trying to decide if I should have the original seat rebuilt/modified, or... Install some Recaro style buckets. I had a pair of older Recaros in a '78 Malibu & really liked those seats.

What are the thoughts on installing a pair of buckets into a LIMITED, vs. retaining the originality?

Thanks.

I've always liked the Limited interior and found the seats to be really comfortable. I'd just get them repaired and keep the originality of the car.

Neal

First off, it is your car so originality is only important to you, if it is important to you. (Until it comes time to sell the car that is :).) I've seen some original G-body cars with bucket seats and consoles that still had the shifter on the wheel. If you could find one of those consoles it would look like it came with bucket seats from the factory. Either way, this mod is something simple enough to undo that it really shouldn't impact the value of the car.

Usually the bench seat G-body models need the floor pan modified to install buckets.

I'm not able to picture how the bench seat could be made more supportive/comfortable & with less recline to it.

I'm thinking it could be "overhauled" and get new foam and some "adjustment " to the lean back mechanism. But if that isn't your vision I can understand.
but with a one of 1035 I can see where the next care taker would want the option to "put it back" like it came from the factory. Silly as it sounds I'm kinda going to the opposite direction with my we4 and have a set of 45/45 leather seats for it. But I still have the original seats and wouldn't get rid of em.

your car, your build, your choices. Build what you want to drive, and what you are proud of. The haters don't pay for it or put in the effort to wrench on it.

Anyone know of a new interior package?

Looking to completely rebuild the pillow top front seat. I've checked a few vendor's web-sites, but don't see anything offered for the Limited.

Thank you.

Anyone know of a new interior package?

Looking to completely rebuild the pillow top front seat. I've checked a few vendor's web-sites, but don't see anything offered for the Limited.

Thank you.
i know they now make the limited seat covers and the plush carpet.... im not sure if anyone makes the seat foam..or if the "pillow" portion is already filled on the new covers. If it is built in, i guess the normal bench seat foam would work.

https://www.classicindustries.com/product/all-years/buick/regal/parts/gn11013835.html

https://www.opgi.com/regal/1987/interior-accessories/seat-upholstery/RG10216/

https://gbodyparts.com/product_info...d=672&osCsid=31dc630c2aecc52060062a6b64ea168d

hope that helps
-aaron

kirban 2 cents worth

unless I missed it in the wording you did not state if its cloth style or the rare leather style leather being on the top surfaces and vinyl on the sides.

See if any good upholstery shops exist in your area get them to price it since alot of the work is doing the internals

Those seats are far more comfortable than the buckets are....also more durable again opinion based on a few I have had over the years...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

unless I missed it in the wording you did not state if its cloth style or the rare leather style leather being on the top surfaces and vinyl on the sides.

See if any good upholstery shops exist in your area get them to price it since alot of the work is doing the internals

Those seats are far more comfortable than the buckets are....also more durable again opinion based on a few I have had over the years...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

They are the cloth style. The driver side seat slopes downward towards the door, plus it reclines too far. I prefer to sit more upright. Here are a few quick garage pics.

Thank you.

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

You got a sweet lookign interior from what I can see.....I don't know why but all those limited seats laid back too far even my second test car was a limited with grey leather....the cheap fix is try various thickness of a wood block and rest it in the joint

keep those seats far superior than buckets a shop will have some sort of clean looking fix for Buicks short comings I got same color interior in my 87 turbo-t only its not a limited but same steeirng wheel dash etc...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

your exterior brown or white?

The interior looks to be in beautiful condition. I wouldn't monkey with it myself other than to come up with a fix for the seats being laid back too far. The pillow seat interior is the most comfortable seating option offered on any of the Regals.

Neal

Most appealing thing about a limited is the seats. Far more comfortable and supportive so I would get that drivers seat foam built back up and repair the recline mechanism.

Thanks. The pictures look better than it does out in the sunshine.

Exterior is black with tan pinstripe.

View attachment 317956

Damn dude that car is fine as frog’s fur! What springs / suspension are you running? Love the stance its perfect!! And what wheels are those? Really nice car and I’ve driven a few bench seats cars and have to agree with the others far more comfortable than the stock buckets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn dude that car is fine as frog’s fur! What springs / suspension are you running? Love the stance its perfect!! And what wheels are those? Really nice car and I’ve driven a few bench seats cars and have to agree with the others far more comfortable than the stock buckets.

Thanks, but it really looks better in pics. Suspension is very simple & I will most likely upgrade it someday. Mostly stock stuff. Two inch S10/Blazer/G-body drop spindles up front (Bell-Tech I think), one inch drop springs in the rear. Recent Bilstein shocks, 17" American Racing wheels. That's it.

i know they now make the limited seat covers and the plush carpet.... im not sure if anyone makes the seat foam..or if the "pillow" portion is already filled on the new covers. If it is built in, i guess the normal bench seat foam would work.

https://www.classicindustries.com/product/all-years/buick/regal/parts/gn11013835.html

https://www.opgi.com/regal/1987/interior-accessories/seat-upholstery/RG10216/

https://gbodyparts.com/product_info...d=672&osCsid=31dc630c2aecc52060062a6b64ea168d

hope that helps
-aaron

who is selling the plush carpet?

as to OP, I also have a limited and wondered at one point about going to buckets. I thought if I ever wanted to have more fun in the twisty's it be nice having a decent bucket seat to keep you in place. Just not sure what do without having a console for the center.

I converted a '78 Malibu from bench to Recaro buckets. No center console. Was fine without it.

DSCN0678.JPG