Turbo T Limited production questions

BuickNut

Misunderstood
Limited interior question. Did most Turbo T Limiteds come with leather or cloth interior?

Did anyone ever get a total production number for '87 Turbo T Limiteds?

The 1987 turbo Limited was a one year run only and they made just 1035 of them making it the second lowest production Turbo Buick next to the GNX. Leather would be more rare than cloth.

The 1987 turbo Limited was a one year run only and they made just 1035 of them making it the second lowest production Turbo Buick next to the GNX. Leather would be more rare than cloth.
Where did the 1035 number come from. Some say its not right. And of the T package Limiteds I've seen more Ts with leather than cloth.

1035 is the factory published production number. As far as the leather/cloth issue I have seen more cloth than leather myself. Unfortunately no records of that exist anymore.

Sounds like the debate of weather chrome or wo2 black out is more rare on a limited. I just like to take in all the different variations that the 87 model year produced.

Sounds like the debate of weather chrome or wo2 black out is more rare on a limited. I just like to take in all the different variations that the 87 model year produced.
That one's easy. The W02 was by far more rare. Lol. I too love all the different variations of this particular model. That's one of the reasons I sold my GN for the car I have now :)

Last edited:
Zero turbo limiteds in 86 but according to Mr kirban and his book there were 55 built In 86 with the leather interior. Here is one.

It is a buddy of mines car. He will get it going again one of these days right. Until then it can sit as it is his and I respect that. Lots of cars out there. Just have to know where and be in the right place at the right time when they become available.

Ive had a Limited in the past and still kick myself for getting rid of it. The 1035 were how many were ordered as a Limited, as opposed to a set run of only making x many. If everyone who ordered a T had ordered it as a limited then the numbers would be way higher. It was essentially just an cost add on trim package.
My old Limited was blue with blue cloth. Beautiful car. Got a pic somewhere.

kirban 2 cents worth

most of the info in this thread is correct yes what is really rare is the leather seat option in the 1986 models in brown/tan or grey and in 86 they retained the regular door panels....I had several back in the day one in particular was a Texas car black with tan leather and sunroof or astro roof

also had at least one limited with crank windows....my second test car (one I kept and drove) was a silver limited black out package with grey leather....GM did go on the cheap on the leather top surfaces are leather side panels are vinyl case you are wondering. the carpet on the floor was plush not like a regular regal. same plush carept can be found in Caddies...

like all the readers on this forum if what we knew then what we knew now and if the internet existed we would have order up some pretty weird combos and also picked aluminum brake drums and aluminum supports and radio delete plates and never power windows and never power antennas.

some ugly turbo limiteds exist not wanting to hurt anyone feelings but I had one that took me months to sell as opposed to most of my 300 plus cars sold rather quickly....

it was burgundy on burgundy half padded roof same color chrome package..tough combo to find a buyer for...

end of story

denniskirban@yahoo.com

most limited models being a classier looking car where ordered with most options and had chrome package based on what I have seen over the years.

their is very little middle ground people like a well optioned car which is fine also means more weight and more weight hurts performance. but more options meant more money for Buick. Few options means light weight better fuel economy to make Buick numbers look good so they could make more loaded examples and make more money. Low options less weight quicker cars...

A quick way to tell if your in the ball park for low options is the SPID trunk ID label...less than 50 codes you got a low option example....my car is close with 13 rows of 4 codes per row total 52 codes. My educated guess is you could have as few as approximately 44-45 codes.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

My Limited has 13 X 5 + 4 for a total of 69 codes.

Black with tan dual accent stripe, tan cloth interior, chrome trim.