Turbo suggestions for a 4.1 L street car?

I have a TE-60 on my 4.1

It came on the car, so I don't know any other setup. It works well on the street. With a manual boost controller it spools real quick (felt a little laggy before that.)

I never go to the drag strip, but I imagine it would do fine with the right tires.

With good tires it would be a neck snapper. Punch it from a standstill and 255's are not enough.

On the highway it has a hell of a lot more competition than at a stop light.

I think that may just be these cars though.

I am happy with this turbo for the street. Like I said though, I have never driven another setup.

I'll be trying a 71GTQ 4 bolt on a 4.1 street car. I think it's a PTE 7180. Opinions? And what convert or shoul I go with...PTC 9.5?
I have a 3.8 stroker, 212/212, ta-s/e race ported hds,which lowered the stock c/r to 7.8:1, 3500stall neal chance conv., and found the 71 gtq (3-bolt) was lagging on the street except when building boost at a standing start. @12 to 23#s of boost, 93+alchy and it's hang-on time.

Stroked stage II 4.1, J&Es, K1 rods, ported TA heads, 225-225 cam, 9 to 1

Thats gonna be a beast of a motor. I'm building something similar but going with a smaller turbo (6776) but little higher CR, and smaller cam. I would listen to Bison, him and Otto have spent a lot of time testing different turbos. Stroked stage 2 motor with higher CR will be a monster..gonna be sweet man!

I'm also building a forged 4.1 stroked, aluminum heads, either a 218 or 224 cam (not sure til the heads are tested), staying with the 6262 but if it dont run the number I'll be stepping up to a 6466 with divided housing and my own version of a spool valve.

JT'sV6 said:
I'm also building a forged 4.1 stroked, aluminum heads, either a 218 or 224 cam (not sure til the heads are tested), staying with the 6262 but if it dont run the number I'll be stepping up to a 6466 with divided housing and my own version of a spool valve.

That's too much cam unless your looking to build a low boost engine.

I'm going to choose the cam for max potential and going to select the turbo accordingly. The pistons I ended up buying have a 1.610 compression height, dish volume is -8cc and the block has been zero'd so it's going to have a little compression and be a tourqey engine. Say I go with the 218 cam, what precision turbo in the 800-1000hp range would be a good match for a mid 9sec street car?

JT'sV6 said:
I'm going to choose the cam for max potential and going to select the turbo accordingly. The pistons I ended up buying have a 1.610 compression height, dish volume is -8cc and the block has been zero'd so it's going to have a little compression and be a tourqey engine. Say I go with the 218 cam, what precision turbo in the 800-1000hp range would be a good match for a mid 9sec street car?

The 6768