Turbo Saver

my1stgn

Who makes turbo saver kits? I want to install a DBB turbo soon and I already have the fittings for the coolant lines but would like to install a "turbo saver" and the only one I saw was on the Full Throttle website..... which isnt working right now. So I wanted to get one ordered today but dont know who else sells one...... unless someone knows how to do a "do-it-youself" kit with parts and p/n.....??

PTE is the original makers but Cottons sells em along with other popular vendors also.

Cant go wrong with Jack though

i love PTE turbo saver. Precision Turbo is awsome they rebuilt my Ta-54 that got hurt do to contaminated oil for free as long as i bought this kit. saved me 100's

red or red armstrong on this board also sells one cheaper than the other ones i believe he puts them together himself.

Good Info! You guys got anylinks to these other vendors? I saw the Jack Cotton one, I think its the same as Full Throttles.

not to thread jack.....but can someone post or email me some instructions for the turbosaver...i have one with no bolts or instructions.

Hey thanks for all the replys guys! I ended up going to a place that has Earl's plumping next to my work. I spent a little under $100 but ended up with a setup superior to anything that is sold as a kit out there (no offense I hope) but I ended up getting a aluminum billet oil filter housing ($35) from Earls and routed the oil feed line from where the stock oil feed line comes out. Routed that to the oil filter then through the filter and back up to the turbo. So now the engine has its own oil filter and the turbo has its own oil filter. All lines are steel braided and the setup looks stock. You cant see the turbo's oil filter (which I was debating rather to hide it or not since its such a nice piece), and the braided lines dont stick out like a sore thumb. I love it!!!! Someone here is selling a setup like that for about $110 but with a cast aluminum oil filter housing and its not quite as "hidden" but my design was based on his set-up.

I also bought some aluminum fittings for the coolant lines (the blue fittings) with 90* bends. The install looks clean and somewhat stock. I also love it better than the banjo fittings. They look like they would flow more coolant and look less restrictive! The "water/coolant" kit was $35! Im suprised how much money you could save and how custom you could make your own kit with a little know how and a little help from Earls!!!!

Total cost $132.
Custom look which no one that I know of has and better parts, so Im very pleased!!!!
I even thought about selling the kit on Ebay but didnt want to "step" on anyones toes!

I spent about $120 on fittings/hose from Earls but haven't gotten around to installing mine yet. I ended up going with their smaller inline filter to keep the look clean. Unfortunately I already bought the Prececision coolant line kit when I got my turbo or would have done the same thing as you.

Just one question....what fitting did you use for coming off the brass oil feed block? I'm debating about whether I should pull my brass block and drill/retap the hole for a pipe thread fitting. That is one reason I haven't installed it yet....the other is laziness.;)

Were you able to use your turbo cover and if so what fitting did you use to clear under the cover? I bought a 120 degree and was wondering if that's the right choice or if I should have just gone with the 90 degree.

Hey Incubus, which inline filter did you get/brand part#s.

Red Regal does make a nice one to for the money..

This is a view of the Turbo with the Water/Coolant fittings:biggrin:

Attachments

• rsz_1IMG_1385.jpg
    rsz_1IMG_1385.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 201
This is the billet aluminum oil filter housing. This will go behind the right front headlamp between the battery and the front bumper. Hidden from view!

Attachments

• rsz_IMG_1389.jpg
    rsz_IMG_1389.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 196
The hose end that will go into the engine block near the stock oil filter. Also is the fitting by itself. The guy at Earls knew what fitting to get. I believe one side is pipe thread and the other is AN but I could be wrong!

Attachments

• rsz_IMG_1391.jpg
    rsz_IMG_1391.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 185
  • rsz_IMG_1400.jpg
    rsz_IMG_1400.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 187
Here is a cheesy drawing of where eveything is located. I test fitted everything to make sure it fit then I took it off the car. I need to make a few runs with the stock turbo and current setup to see how much of a difference the turbo by itself makes. So I will be going to the track tomorrow night then the new turbo goes back on and I will take pics of the install!:biggrin:

Attachments

• rsz_IMG_1404.jpg
    rsz_IMG_1404.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 190
The hose end that will go into the engine block near the stock oil filter. Also is the fitting by itself. The guy at Earls knew what fitting to get. I believe one side is pipe thread and the other is AN but I could be wrong!

OK....that's the same one I got. One side is an AN-4 and the end into the block is compression fitting threads (IIRC). Thanks!

Here is a cheesy drawing of where eveything is located. I test fitted everything to make sure it fit then I took it off the car. I need to make a few runs with the stock turbo and current setup to see how much of a difference the turbo by itself makes. So I will be going to the track tomorrow night then the new turbo goes back on and I will take pics of the install!:biggrin:

nice drawing picasso, j/k couldn't help it. had to get my one smart ass post for the day. btw your setup looks just as nice for less $.