Turbo Regal Shirts

Oh, yeah. that would work. That would be cool.

Hawaiian-shirts-Muscle-Cars.jpg

Yes!!!! Like that!!!! The ones I have are a little different since they show each car with a little bit of background image (drive-ins, motels, gas stations, etc.) but the artwork looks like it was done by the same artist. some of the same cars too! I like that shirt!! where could I find one?

and yeah, imagine a turbo Buick shirt done like that with GN's, T-types, etc. I think they would sell BIGTIME!!! :D

Rob

Who wants one? They come in black and white! Oh yeah, they don't exist, the whole project needs to be financed and production needs to be overseen by someone in the biz, I'm only an artist. I doubt my big incentive tax refund check would do it. These rock though. oh well, it was a nice dream.

hwshirt.jpg

Who wants one? They come in black and white! Oh yeah, they don't exist, the whole project needs to be financed and production needs to be overseen by someone in the biz, I'm only an artist. I doubt my big incentive tax refund check would do it. These rock though. oh well, it was a nice dream.

hwshirt.jpg

NOW YOU'RE TALKIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Nice pics. Those are definately printed on DTG printers (10-40k) They basically take the fabric (sewn or not sewn) and basically printed on like an inkjet printer but with different inks of course. That is how Randy Coutour's shirts are made "affliction" for UFC fighters. THEN after the print is on, they usually cure it, then sew it all together.. YES very hard to manufacture and would be a pain in the butt since we have no hookup. I have a DTG printer hookup but the manpower is not there to do all the sewing. Let me print out a few designs and maybe with some help, we can get that going. I actually have a few plans, I am doing some tests by printing on headliner material to put in the buick headliners. You know like a giant GN or Buick Suede print in your car. Its in the works.

turbohye-

sounds like you've got some really cool products in the works! :cool:

here's a pic of one of the shirts I was referring too in an earlier post. I'd really like to find a turbo Buick shirt like this....

Attachments

• DSCN2866.JPG
    DSCN2866.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 204
Being GM is having hard times as it is... over the last few years they have been hammering anyone using any of their trademarks. It cost a ton of money to be licensed by GM as I am one of them. They inspect everything I do. I have to send pictures with all the design specs to them. Black and white, color, and what's used. Once that is approved (takes a few weeks) then I have to make the design and do it on several articles and then send that to them for approval (takes a few more weeks). Only after all that am I allowed to sell it. You have to send in quarterly reports, be insured, and a million other things just to let them use any of their trademarks.

They own all the Buick/GM logo's still and investigate anyone doing copywrite any type of infringement not matter how big or small. GM will spend 100K to sue you for 10K trust me. Do what you want but just be careful. They might come take it all. I know one embroider near me that was raided. They broke the doors down and took everything. He was out of business and in jail faster then you can draw a logo. I think in the end he paid 200K to get out of that mess. If you want to go the legal way this is the company you need to contact.. Equity Management Inc. They handle all of GM's logo's. I pay them about 10k a year and I'm only a little fish doing a few things here and there!! :eek:

I Want One !!!

I could probably make them one of 1 custom, but not production of many, too much $$$, besides I'm not going to give GM 10k so I can make one or 2 shirts geez!:eek: . I could use printed iron ons and apply the iron pieces one at a time. I may go look for a white shirt tomorrow and try it. I'll take a while but it would be totally unique. Trans is broken right now so there's no cruisin to the drag strip for me this weekend anyway. :cool:

very nice ideas, i would be in on it too, how about a mean looking GN coming out of a graveyard with the words THE CAR in letters that resemble dripping blood :confused:

Hawaiian Shirts

In regards to the Hawaiian shirts. If the permission was granted from GM to reproduce one of their trademarks there is a place that will make Hawaiian Shirts with a 150 shirt minium order with written authorization from GM's legal department of course. This is a great idea but as stated earlier it is a long process to receive permission to utilize a companys trademark and can be very expensive. For example my employer pays microsoft 10k a month for one of their products to be used at several locations, but we can only use that particular product with only 1 authorized type of software or we are breaking the contract that we established with them. On a personal note I would love to see them produced and think it is a great idea.

Wow, now thats Constructive.... I don't appreciate your sarcasim

There are several Vendors that Shelled out the Money to make and sell licenced G.M. Products. (which is not cheap.)

They certainly will not appreciate this and have put a stop to more than one past project in the works. This is no different.

You will have do do some homework to find out what you can legally do.

Stay away from the logos, and your fine. You don't need permission to print up a shirt with your car on it. Though I could be wrong. Hey, I know! You seem like the kind of guy that likes to do things right. We're all cocerned about Ratfinks well being, right guys? I say we vote you to be the guy to look into the matter (do the homework). Here is General Motors phone number. Ready? 1-313-556-5000. I expect the results of your call posted here no later than 3 days from now, to give you enough time to do your dilligent research. We all will be anxiously awaiting to see what you come back with. Hurry up now, we all need our t-shirts. Good luck.... We're counting on you.

Being GM is having hard times as it is... over the last few years they have been hammering anyone using any of their trademarks. It cost a ton of money to be licensed by GM as I am one of them. They inspect everything I do. I have to send pictures with all the design specs to them. Black and white, color, and what's used. Once that is approved (takes a few weeks) then I have to make the design and do it on several articles and then send that to them for approval (takes a few more weeks). Only after all that am I allowed to sell it. You have to send in quarterly reports, be insured, and a million other things just to let them use any of their trademarks.

They own all the Buick/GM logo's still and investigate anyone doing copywrite any type of infringement not matter how big or small. GM will spend 100K to sue you for 10K trust me. Do what you want but just be careful. They might come take it all. I know one embroider near me that was raided. They broke the doors down and took everything. He was out of business and in jail faster then you can draw a logo. I think in the end he paid 200K to get out of that mess. If you want to go the legal way this is the company you need to contact.. Equity Management Inc. They handle all of GM's logo's. I pay them about 10k a year and I'm only a little fish doing a few things here and there!! :eek:

Cool!!!! Looks like you found your license turbohye!!! :biggrin:

Stay away from the logos, and your fine. You don't need permission to print up a shirt with your car on it. Though I could be wrong. Hey, I know! You seem like the kind of guy that likes to do things right. We're all cocerned about Ratfinks well being, right guys? I say we vote you to be the guy to look into the matter (do the homework). Here is General Motors phone number. Ready? 1-313-556-5000. I expect the results of your call posted here no later than 3 days from now, to give you enough time to do your dilligent research. We all will be anxiously awaiting to see what you come back with. Hurry up now, we all need our t-shirts. Good luck.... We're counting on you.

If you read the post by Philly Turbo 6 you would have read about why it is important to know the risks involved.

I may be misunderstood, I'd love a cool shirt too, but I would not like to see the guy get in trouble for making it...

I think you should read your post and apologise, hurry up now, I'm expecting it.

heres an idea!!

I would like something like the hawaii one but with (S. FLORIDA BUICKS) on top and the exact car I own: (87 Turbo T) on the bottom on the front pocket!

Then A nice big picture on the back of my car and a Turbo 6 inthe background!

All I wear when not at work is T-shirts, but it must have a pocket, as for me and I can not speak for every one else, no pocky, no shirty. so if a pocket is an option I'm in for a couple or so, size 2xl tall, being 6'4 I would have to have the tall option, thanks for taking my 2cents worth.

Ron