Turbo rebuild

Cbring

OK, so i'm going to take a flying leap and rebuild my turbo because it started puking oil into the intercooler. question is should i go with the upgraded 360 thrust bearing.? i know what the bearing does but is there anything that has to be modded or does it just go in like the 270 does?:confused:

I ordered kit from:
G-Pop Shop
They can tell you what you need, mine was upgraded to a 360* bearing
rebuild was very straightforward & I'm less than a shadetree mech.
HTH!
D :cool:

So you installed the thrust bearing yourself? Or had them do it? If you did it what did you do? Was there anything special that has to be done?

Tried the link but still need the question answered:

Does installation of a 360 thrust bearing require anything more than a 270 does? I understand how to rebuild the turbo but haven't found anything that says there is or isn't a difference in installing the different thrust bearings?

With the 360 you have the option of bolting it to the bearing housing rather than using the factory seal plate thrust spring.

IMG_1611.JPG

IMG_1598.JPG

IMG_1599.JPG

IMG_1602.JPG

One thing I recommend is at least having the rotating assembly balanced. I lap all flat surfaces on the thrust components, compressor wheel, and compressor nut before balancing.

The new thrust components will affect the balance, even if you mark everything prior.

So you installed the thrust bearing yourself? Or had them do it? If you did it what did you do? Was there anything special that has to be done?

Sorry for the delay!
I installed & rebuilt everything myself; very straightforward w/ common shop tools;deep snap-ring pliers were they only "specialty"tool needed as I recall. 360* bearing was a direct swap.
HTH
D :cool: