turbo question.

Matt37

How can you make the turbos on these cars louder??

I have a 87 GN (all stock) and they just do not seem that loud for a turbo car in stock form to me at all.

Tonight I had a Integra turbo gsx or something like that next to me and his was whinning much louder than mine.

My friend told me to put a K&N airfilter on there and it should help out alot, I don't know if he is right.

Any suggestions?

It might. If you still have the stock filter box replacing it with an open element will make it louder. A CAI kit which puts it in-front of the radiator support will help even more.

run that sucker open from the downpipe, then you'll be loud.

I didnt notice any difference in sound when i put my home-made CAI kit on. Only time i have heard an air sucking noise is on a mustang with a CAI kit.

I am going to get the 3.5" MAF pipe and the big mouth CAI kit.

Hopefully that makes a difference.

I am going to get the 3.5" MAF pipe and the big mouth CAI kit.

Hopefully that makes a difference.

I really don't think you're going to notice a difference in noise with sound of the turbo spooling. :eek: If you really wanna hear it, get then get a cut-out and open it, you'll hear it for sure.

I put a cold air kit on my GN...the kind that puts the K&N down beneath the headlights behind the air dam.

When I get on the gas now it sounds like a semi truck! :)

hahah. You're about to put alot of money into your car and you dont even know it yet. hahha. you just started the snowball rolling!!! Ide agree with the electric cutout from one of the vendors. Im not sure who sells it but if you cannot find it QTP or quick time performance makes one. Well worth it.