Turbo Pro Stock

rtviper

I know this feat has been talked about many times, but I had never seen the actual video of the race. If it has been on here and I missed it, then here is a repeat. It never gets old.

YouTube - buick pro stock

I use to watch him test and tune at I-57 years ago.
I had my car at a car show about a month ago and his old accountant/Car hauler driver came up to my GN and 2 hrs later his wife drug him off..:biggrin: Talk Talk Talk. man he had stories. I think Buddy now lives in his old shop and not a V6 part to be found. Buick gave him and his wife new GNs. Gone.

Anyone remember (Cocky) Rocky Robertson. Twin Summersalt?....:rolleyes:
I helped when that project started. Buick was throwing money at some of these guys.

Yea, I go back a while. Just started up again....

Imagine what he would have done a year or two later with EFI instead of the old mechanical Injection

I watched that when it premiered on ESPN. Always wondered what happened in the last round, someone finally said the clutch in the regal was toast.

All I know is I want that car and would make it just like that day mechanical injecton and all
Mike

All I know is I want that car and would make it just like that day mechanical injecton and all
Mike

As far has history and V6 the car would be cool to have.

But I can't stand mechanical FI if you are going to drive it around the block let alone to town. Now for racing...:biggrin: Kind of an ON or Off thing.

Brad T might be able to find out we use to work with Buddy's clutch guy.
Or shoud I say he still does work with him....

It took a 700 ci engine and Bob Glidden driving to beat Buddy and his twin turbo v6. :D and he just barely did it. :eek:

If Buddy had been allowed to continue racing i bet he would have beat them all in the next season or two,he was just starting to get the car sorted out and run with them big boys back in 1986.:cool:

John :smile:

Cool vid

would love to find out what happened to that car, maybe a story out there like the "mopar in a barn' finds.

I know exactly where the car is here is Michigan. It is a somethines bracket racer with an N/A SBC in it. After Buddy the car went to Turbo Engineering in WA. where it got a twin turbo small block to try to break the 200MPH door slammer record, which it never did, but it did get to just under 199. It was sold and sent to MI when they went out of business.
Mike

I know exactly where the car is here is Michigan. It is a somethines bracket racer with an N/A SBC in it. After Buddy the car went to Turbo Engineering in WA. where it got a twin turbo small block to try to break the 200MPH door slammer record, which it never did, but it did get to just under 199. It was sold and sent to MI when they went out of business.
Mike

That's right, I forgot about Turbo Engineering getting the car. The young man who was running T.E , Ramone, was going to do my Pantera twin turbo setup for 2800 bucks complete, at the time. If I remember correct Ramone was running the business for an Attorney, or some professional with plenty of money. The business is still going strong and has some of the nicest Turbo Kits made. Its now called Turbo Technology ::: TurboTechnologyINC.com :::.

Yea Yea how about spoiled..............:biggrin:

Last one I had got 4 gal to the mile at cruising speed or slower.

now thats impressive.

there just something about needing a stoplight "Neutral" clean out thats just so much fun.

:biggrin: A.j.

That's right, I forgot about Turbo Engineering getting the car. The young man who was running T.E , Ramone, was going to do my Pantera twin turbo setup for 2800 bucks complete, at the time. If I remember correct Ramone was running the business for an Attorney, or some professional with plenty of money. The business is still going strong and has some of the nicest Turbo Kits made. Its now called Turbo Technology ::: TurboTechnologyINC.com :::.

When the company changed names it became a different company there were some financial problems with the original company. Not sure how many origianl guys are still there have not spoke to them in years
Mike