turbo porsche

shizzle

okay it's a nice sunday afternoon so i decide to call up my friend to come over so we can cruise around the usual stomping grounds started off driving down international blvd towards hayward until it turns to mission but could'nt find any action by now i find myself in union city after 45mins of driving i decide to make my way back home to catch the rest of the playoff game so i get on the freeway and exit A st so i can stop and get a burrito real quick as i was pulling out of the driveway i see this all silver porsche leaving the intersection so i casually pull out not thinking i was gonna be able to make the light i swear that light must of stayed yellow for 2 mins [juss for me] so sure enough i see him at the next light but course there's a couple cars in between us so where riding down A st and what do you know he's making a left on mission same way i need to go now i am rite behind him all i see is a big wing and a turbo badge so we turn onto mission two lane road each side but he did'nt want to bite he kept looking straight, me with my window down i can hear the air moving through his turbo as he shifted definitely not stock! so i let him hear my turbo bingo! now i have his attention lol so now he's looking over at the gn trying to read what it says on the fender {Grand National duhh!!} it must be my lucky day cause we finally catch a light with nobody in front of us for at least a mile no traffic i tell my friend to hold on here we go i look over and i see he's putting it in first gear then the light turns green and he jumps out on me through the intersection:eek::eek: with his rear bumper lined up with my front end, 2nd gear kicks in now my front end is at his door slowly reeling him now in 3rd gear i start to pull past him now his front bumper is at my door then all of a sudden he juss disappeared he was about 2 cars lengths back when i looked i shut it down around 85mph {thats as far as my speedo goes:cool:} my first reaction to myself was i bust out laughing then my friend looked at me like wtf........then he bust out laughing also haha o yeeaa back to the porsche guy he catches up and rolls down his window first thing he sez
i knew you had something in there turbo or supercharger?
me yeah its a turbo
he says i like it!!! thats a gn
me yes sirr i ask him what he's done to it?
he said it's got a stage 2 package then he said juss exhaust upgrade
me i was like what year is that?
he says 2002
me i was like damm you shot outta the hole back there
he was like yeah its awd
me what does it run in the 1/4
he says 11.9
then i say you gotta nice car bro
he goes thank you but yurs is faster:)
then we said our goodbyes my buddy goes damm you juss smoked a 80 thousand dollar car when it was brand new i am not to sure on the price tag but i know it cost more then my old buick thats for sure.....by the way 10 mins after my arms and hands were still shaking from all those nerves haha that made my weekend later guys

at least he knew it was a gn lol. those awd turbo 6 speed porshe's are nice cars,europes version of a gn that can handle and stop.:smile:

I used to live in Fremont and Milpitas several years back.
I know exactly the area you're talking about.

Good kill!:D

okay it's a nice sunday afternoon so i decide to call up my friend to come over so we can cruise around the usual stomping grounds started off driving down international blvd towards hayward until it turns to mission but could'nt find any action by now i find myself in union city after 45mins of driving i decide to make my way back home to catch the rest of the playoff game so i get on the freeway and exit A st so i can stop and get a burrito real quick as i was pulling out of the driveway i see this all silver porsche leaving the intersection so i casually pull out not thinking i was gonna be able to make the light i swear that light must of stayed yellow for 2 mins [juss for me] so sure enough i see him at the next light but course there's a couple cars in between us so where riding down A st and what do you know he's making a left on mission same way i need to go now i am rite behind him all i see is a big wing and a turbo badge so we turn onto mission two lane road each side but he did'nt want to bite he kept looking straight, me with my window down i can hear the air moving through his turbo as he shifted definitely not stock! so i let him hear my turbo bingo! now i have his attention lol so now he's looking over at the gn trying to read what it says on the fender {Grand National duhh!!} it must be my lucky day cause we finally catch a light with nobody in front of us for at least a mile no traffic i tell my friend to hold on here we go i look over and i see he's putting it in first gear then the light turns green and he jumps out on me through the intersection:eek::eek: with his rear bumper lined up with my front end, 2nd gear kicks in now my front end is at his door slowly reeling him now in 3rd gear i start to pull past him now his front bumper is at my door then all of a sudden he juss disappeared he was about 2 cars lengths back when i looked i shut it down around 85mph {thats as far as my speedo goes:cool:} my first reaction to myself was i bust out laughing then my friend looked at me like wtf........then he bust out laughing also haha o yeeaa back to the porsche guy he catches up and rolls down his window first thing he sez
i knew you had something in there turbo or supercharger?
me yeah its a turbo
he says i like it!!! thats a gn
me yes sirr i ask him what he's done to it?
he said it's got a stage 2 package then he said juss exhaust upgrade
me i was like what year is that?
he says 2002
me i was like damm you shot outta the hole back there
he was like yeah its awd
me what does it run in the 1/4
he says 11.9
then i say you gotta nice car bro
he goes thank you but yurs is faster:)
then we said our goodbyes my buddy goes damm you juss smoked a 80 thousand dollar car when it was brand new i am not to sure on the price tag but i know it cost more then my old buick thats for sure.....by the way 10 mins after my arms and hands were still shaking from all those nerves haha that made my weekend later guys

I posted a similar incident here in kill/fish a few years back. You bust out laughing ... I bust out laughing. The end result wasn't evident because we ran out of room, but it was fun all the same. :D

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/kill-fish-stories/108874-porsche-turbo-coupe.html

That was the longest sentence i've ever read. Where's the punctuation and caps? LOL

Good kill thou.

That was the longest sentence i've ever read. Where's the punctuation and caps? LOL

Good kill thou.

Yes,

I think this was a new record. I almost passed out from not breathing at one point.:eek::D

Nice job on the V-Dub.;)

Two turbo six bangers having it out.

Mike B.

great story man...some day ill get my GN to run against big Dogs like urs.....nice kill...he was to excited to worry about punctuation and caps? LOL...dont blame the guy tho..

Be thankful it wasn't a mid-eighties 930. The outcome may have been a little different.

Good kill.

2002? 996 Turbo 450BHP/457 tq 190 mph car. It can hit 100 in less than 8 seconds. I'm no mathmagician, but you got one hell of a tune.

Be thankful it wasn't a mid-eighties 930. The outcome may have been a little different.

Good kill.

2002? 996 Turbo 450BHP/457 tq 190 mph car. It can hit 100 in less than 8 seconds. I'm no mathmagician, but you got one hell of a tune.
thanks notacarlo i'am not to familiar with those's 930's but i will look into them