Turbo oil drain gasket?????

gn84guy

I have a leak in my connection for between the turbo and the drain tube. Any idea on where I can get this gasket, or can I just get one of those make your own gasket kits and fab one up? would that hold up to the heat? I am trying to get this fixed so I can go to the strip tomorrow, and of couse something had to spring a leak at the last minute:mad:

Poston Buick Part number M625537227-Turbo Oil Drain Pipe Gasket-$!.75. Also, Turbo Oil Drain Grommet, M425504235 $5.75. 800-635-9781. Good luck- Brad

You can actually get it at Autozone or NAPA as well.
Make sure the drain tube flange is not warped.

Ok, so I got the gasket on order and while I was at it I ordered a new drain tube and grommet as well. Didn't make it to the strip like I wanted to. Going to pull the turbo of this week and fix this leak so there's still a chance to get there by the end of October. Any advice for someone who is taking the turbo off for the first time? Any tricks to make it easier?

Ok, so I got the gasket on order and while I was at it I ordered a new drain tube and grommet as well. Didn't make it to the strip like I wanted to. Going to pull the turbo of this week and fix this leak so there's still a chance to get there by the end of October. Any advice for someone who is taking the turbo off for the first time? Any tricks to make it easier?

Lots of beer and make SURE you allow enough time. :eek:
DO NOT alter the bends of the the drain tube as this will make is easier to re-install.
Get some new O-ring seals (turbo adapter) and replace them!
Have someone help pry the turbo off, especially, if it has been on there for a while.
Grease the o-rings and use a BFH for re-installation. :eek:

May want to think about this heat shield mod ....... :cool: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ho...-top-3-modifications-hot-air.html#post1244000

Thanks for the info, I definitely see how that heat shield mod would really speed things up! Figure this has to be at least an entire weekend, and a full case of beer by the time its done. When I go to reinstall the turbo do I use anything on the gaskets to help seal them up, or are they just put on by themselves and torqued down?

Thanks for the info, I definitely see how that heat shield mod would really speed things up! Figure this has to be at least an entire weekend, and a full case of beer by the time its done. When I go to reinstall the turbo do I use anything on the gaskets to help seal them up, or are they just put on by themselves and torqued down?

I put a very thin / light coating of RTV on both sides of the gasket and make sure the surfaces are clean and oil free.