Turbo needed

Justa6MB

Hi, I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in Parts Wanted? Anyway I'm looking for a good turbo for my 80 Sport Coupe. I pulled the old turbo off and it's in bad shape. The seals and bearings are toast, and the wheels are all chipped. Not good. Thought it would be easer to find a used one rather than fix this one.
Thanks
Darren

Hi, I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in Parts Wanted? Anyway I'm looking for a good turbo for my 80 Sport Coupe. I pulled the old turbo off and it's in bad shape. The seals and bearings are toast, and the wheels are all chipped. Not good. Thought it would be easer to find a used one rather than fix this one.
Thanks
Darren
Bison had one pm him

I've got 1 as well but you might think about getting it upgraded since it's trashed. We've got a good turbo guy that's been doing the B4black turbos with some success.;)

Ok thanks Mike. What upgrades are available? I heard the 83's are a direct replacement and are better, is that true? Charlie are you suggesting having this guy fix my turbo is a feasible option?
Thanks
Darren

I just bumped the thread with the one I have. It should be right below this one.

Ok thanks Mike. What upgrades are available? I heard the 83's are a direct replacement and are better, is that true? Charlie are you suggesting having this guy fix my turbo is a feasible option?
Thanks
Darren
Any of the Buick V6 draw through turbos are a direct replacement and the 83 is the better one out of all of them. It's possible that Reed can repair your your turbo but he'll need to see it first to see if he can. To upgrade it all you'd need to do is have the compressor housing machined for a different compressor wheel and maybe change the turbine to help with spooling. Bison also has a turbo so PM him and that may be the least expensive way to go though.;)

Possibly a little late.. did you get a good turbo? I have a 83 setup that i dont need anymore. I didnt know anyone was rebuilding these? I was looking for someone a year ago or so but had no luck for gaskets!