Turbo Motion Conversion Kit - Help!

RagTopRiv

Turbo Riviera Brother
HAS ANYONE EVER CONVERTED TO AN INTERCOOLER USING THE TURBO MOTION CONVERSION KIT. IF SO, HOW WAS THE OUTCOME AND WHERE CAN YOU FIND THESE KITS? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

The turbomotion V2 intercooler kit is a very good investment, however, the person who made them went out of business. There were about 24 in cirsulation. You might be able to find one around, but its a rarity. Someone off this network actually just bought a brand new one for a good price. So you can always try ebay. But personally I found it to be an amazing seat in the pants bolton. I gained approximately 85 horsepower just from bolting it on with a good turbo and some good injectors when it was not tuned. Good luck finding one though. You can always check the buy/sell sections here. However I would also explore other avenues too with your car too! Theres so much to do to hotair cars, so the skys the limit.

RagTopRiv, welcome to the board, by your user name can I guess you have a Riviera convertible? Is it a turbo? and possibly the one just sold on ebay? There are a few of us here who have the 84-85 hot air turbo Rivs working on mods, the turbo Rivs have a few differences that can make some mods different than the Regal/GN 's, let us know.

85 T-type Riviera

Turbo Riviera Convertible

Originally posted by TRiv
RagTopRiv, welcome to the board, by your user name can I guess you have a Riviera convertible? Is it a turbo? and possibly the one just sold on ebay? There are a few of us here who have the 84-85 hot air turbo Rivs working on mods, the turbo Rivs have a few differences that can make some mods different than the Regal/GN 's, let us know.

85 T-type Riviera

Hi to T-RIV and Rag Top RIV,

Rag top RIV, is that your car on the CARDOMAIN site, it sure is a good looking Riviera, I was wondering, those power six logo's under the Riviera emblem on the fenders, Do that come that way, or did you add them? , On my 85 turbo convertible < I do not have them, but i do on my other T-type coupe

ALSO to T-RIV, that turbo riviera convertible on ebay recently, was re-listed because of a mistake in mileage, IT did not sell, it is also listed for sale on the Chicago car exchange web site for $ 8900 right now.

Regards, DAVE V

Re: Turbo Riviera Convertible

Originally posted by BLACKHAWK38
Hi to T-RIV and Rag Top RIV,

Rag top RIV, is that your car on the CARDOMAIN site, it sure is a good looking Riviera, I was wondering, those power six logo's under the Riviera emblem on the fenders, Do that come that way, or did you add them? , On my 85 turbo convertible < I do not have them, but i do on my other T-type coupe

ALSO to T-RIV, that turbo riviera convertible on ebay recently, was re-listed because of a mistake in mileage, IT did not sell, it is also listed for sale on the Chicago car exchange web site for $ 8900 right now.

Regards, DAVE V

Yeah, that's my pride and joy on CARDOMAIN... I really need to put some updated photos... I've since changed the protective bodyside moldings to white and chromed the side view mirrors... but about those fender logos, I added them, I figured it's essentially a T-Type anyway, 'sides it looks good...

Originally posted by TRiv

85 T-type Riviera

Everything is stock on her right now but I'm eager to put some mods... where should I begin??? Thanks!

Mods

Originally posted by RagTopRiv
Everything is stock on her right now but I'm eager to put some mods... where should I begin??? Thanks!

TO start off lightly with modifications, A lower restriction muffler might be in order like a dynomax super turbo or ultra flow. Ultra-flow would unleash the most ponies.
an adjustable fuel pressure regulator if you are going to turn up the boost much, in which , you will also need fuel pump volt booster or bigger pump,

highest octane gasoline you can find

good spark plugs and wires

synthetic motor oil like 5W30 or 0W30

Boost gauge if you are going to be fooling around with turning things up,

Right now, the little pin hole orifice is what controls your boost, it is in the Y or tee fitting in the wastegate hose assembley that goes between the pressure out port on the turbo, the wastegate actuator and the wastegate solenoid, MAKE THE HOLE SMALLER FOR MORE BOOST, that is hard to due, so you MAY install a restrictor orifice in between the turbo port and the y fitting, take a short piece of copper tubing, say 3/16' , solder one end shut, then drill it out with a hobby drill of .050 to start with, Trial and error experimenting needed here, Another way to go, is to get an adjustable needle valve, Deltrol makes a nice one for about twenty bucks, order it online from the valve store. IT is a Easy read Deltrol 1/8" npt needle valve.
Start with the valve fully open, then slowly decrese untill boost starts to rise, YOU WILL NEED A BOOST GAUGE mounted inside the car!!!

HOW many miles are on your car ?

Regards, DAVE V

V2 information can be found on the MSN website.

There is an "Intercooled" link.

The V2 board is there to be utilized if those of you desire to do so.

I had one of the 5 first kits created.