Turbo Monte Help

burnout

I have a few 85 gn engines laying around and I want to dump one in my 88 monte SS. I have a 200r4 in the car already. I know people have converted other cars over so I'am looking for some help. Do I have to replace the body harness? I don't want cruise or any option but the engine to run. What will it take for this to work? I have the fuel system ready to go with a fuel cell and 100psi inline pump already in the car.

Thanks, Dave

I would think you have everything to get it going. I have an SS, but chose to keep the V8(not the 305). The Harness routing to the inside to the ecm is the same. Motor mounts should be the only thing changed if that. Being it's a G-body the chassis code is EXACTLY the same. As far as the transmission goes a turbo 350 or 200r4 would bolt right up with no struggle. You don't have to run cruise control if you don't want, just another one of those Buick luxuries. Basically just act like the engine bay is a GN bay LOL. Then I think you will be fine. As far as the body harness goes, you shouldn't have to change it, brakelights, headlights, and signals are all controlled by the fuse harness. Relays and such. Just drop the engine in, run the engine harness, fuel pump, of course you would have to change the gauge cluster unless you want to put in an exterior boost gauge(thats what I would do). I was actually thinking about doing the same swap back in '07, but couldn't find an engine anywhere.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking it should be an easy drop. I didn't know you sould run a turbo 350 behind the 3.8. I just trying to get everything ready to go so it can be an easy project. Thanks again.

Dave

Burnout, whats up man. How does your gn run with all the performance parts?
I think the gn 2004r is better than the monte one also the fuel lines are on diffrent sides of the engine bay. Check hood clearence and gearing for vehicle speed sensor.

Buick runs strong with the compo I have now still tuning. I redoing my NOS set up in the next few weeks so we will see haw that goes. My fuel system in the monte is set-up to handle just about anything I throw in the car, and I'am running all braided lines. For the time being I'am going to run the monte trans tillI can get some cash to have my spare 200r4 rebuilt. Did you sell all your engine parts?

Later, Dave

Went to standish a few weeks ago and cleaned out this guys garge of all his 84/85 stuff.

The trans might not work!!!

I noticed you had said that the Monte has a 200r4 in it already. If your Monte had a chevy motor in it I am pretty sure that trans will not bolt up to the 3.8 motor!!! Chevy had its own bellhousing pattern and Buick, Olds, and Pontiac had the same pattern. Might want to look in to that!!!