Turbo Luber

Red Regal T

If you recently spent your hard earned money for a new turbo, it makes good sense to do all you can so it will last a long, long, time. Contaminated oil will destroy your turbo. This device will deliver plenty of clean, always filtered, oil to your turbo at all times and will extend the life of your turbo. The oil filter on the TURBO-LUBER is exclusively for the turbo. Your engine oil filter remains in the stock location. Your engine oil will actually be filtered, twice. On a high performance turbocharged engine, common sense will tell you, two filters are better than one.

I run this device on both my TRs and have logged tens of thousands of miles with them. Presently, I've chosen not to use the factory turbo heat shield. However, you can use your stock turbo-shield with the TURBO-LUBER with holes drilled for the two oil lines. Recently, I made my own turbo shield which does not interfere with the oil lines and still protects my hood insulator from heat damage. Pictures below show the TURBO-LUBER installed both ways.

Recently, I took my LIMIT TE-44 off my Red T and moved it onto my latest purchase ... an 87 dark red T. The TE-44 has 70,000 miles on it, and I was surprised it had virtually no shaft slop ... either in and out, or up and down. I've been running a TURBO-LUBER on it since I installed it a few years ago. I'd have to assume the reason there is no shaft play is due to the turbo always being fed clean, filtered, oil.

This kit comes with all fittings and lines for QUICK, EASY, installation. The 1/4" ID stainless steel braided/teflon lines replace the stock steel turbo oil feed line. The 1/4" ID stainless braided/teflon line runs from the oil pump location to the "in" side of the oil filter adapter, then another short stainless 1/4" ID line to the turbo oil fitting. The oil filter adapter bolts directly to the turbo shield bracket. Longer bolts to attach the oil filter adapter to the turboshield bracket are included with the kit. TIA..... $110 shipped.

LUBER W/ STOCK SHIELD

HOMEMADE SHIELD

Attachments

• my motor 2.jpg
    my motor 2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 497
definitely the way to go. Every Buick should have a turbo - luber installed.

Thanks TURBOGTA !! :smile:

I would have them on my TRs even if I didn't put together the kit myself. It just makes good sense. Besides protecting the turbo, it doubles filtering capacity on our engines ... and that's a good thing! Once you buy one, you're done. They don't go bad, and last indefinitely. :cool:

I have a PTE turbo saver right now, how hard would it be to switch to a system like yours? Any parts needed that are not included in your kit? Thanks......

I have a PTE turbo saver right now, how hard would it be to switch to a system like yours? Any parts needed that are not included in your kit? Thanks......

The hardest part would be removing the PTE system. I removed my PTE system to install mine, so that's how I know. Installing my turbo luber takes about 45 minutes. The only thing I don't include is the oil filter. ;)