turbo lt1 in a g body

WeSS

I gotz 2 sub woofers
besides chris chow who else has ran an lt1 turbocharged in a g body and done well? Not familiar with lt1's and was wondering about any proven g bodies that were turbo lt1 powered.

One of the 1st LT1 GN's ever built was done by the same guy who did the brown 240 Z that used to go to BG years ago. This was before the hybrid craze. Daryll or Daren i think was his name. I think it went high 10s. There were some pics posted along time ago. I just did a search but couldnt find them.

besides chris chow who else has ran an lt1 turbocharged in a g body and done well? Not familiar with lt1's and was wondering about any proven g bodies that were turbo lt1 powered.

Chris's Motor is a GEN 1 Type SBC not and LTI.
I think there is a LT1 Camaro in stock suspension form that
cracked into the 7s. It it my understanding that these motors
are not as desirable as their lsx counterparts. However
that does not mean you can't make some power with them.
Take a look at this link:

The baddest LT1 in the world - LS1TECH

The problem with Lt1's not being able to run down the LS1 cars is the heads. It takes a very well worked LT1 head to even come close to the flow numbers that a stock LS1 head does. Then when the aftermarket LS1 heads come out they flow about as much air as an SB2.2 head can...An LT1 with a wild set of Canfield heads or similar would really rip...

The blocks are really tough, both LT1 and LS1s. I think Rick's LT1 is like a 1/2 filled block without a girdle and the stock main caps :eek: I have never seen one break due to to much power, something else always fails first.