Turbo Lou is the MAN!!!

turbotroy

This feedback is about 4 years late, as I'm a pipefitter that works all over the country (building America, baby) and he built and installed this engine for me in '12 I think. Wasn't able to play with the car being on the road, so finally sent it to Richard Clarks Garage to finish it.
Well, his mutton motor made 580 hp at 24 lbs of boost!! When I called to let him know what it was doing, and to go through his notes as far as what was in that engine, he said that engine shouldn't do that and with a cast crank I may want to turn the boost down to 20 lbs.
Went to pick up the car yesterday and met Sydwinder at the track. At 20 lbs of boost it ran a 7.3 in the 1/8th and whipped a Mustang in the process. As I'm in the process of moving to another job, just 1 run and loaded her up for the 5 hour return drive. If your in need of an engine, Poppa Lou is the man. Thanks!!!

Last edited:
its about friggin time!

your a lazy SOB, blame it on the job.. LOL

wow, that is impressive, I drove on and off the trailer, and don't think I got it above 1500 rpm.
so glad you finally get to enjoy it!

thanks for the update!!!

What's the build. Hoping it similar to my 10.80 build

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

OH NO!
Now, he'll have flashbacks of his days as a "sheep herder". The next thing you know, Mean Chicken will post a pic of him w/ his hi top boots on!!:jawdrop::D
What ever happened to Chicken? Haven't seen a kill (or anything) from him in ages.

OH NO!
Now, he'll have flashbacks of his days as a "sheep herder". The next thing you know, Mean Chicken will post a pic of him w/ his hi top boots on!!:jawdrop::D
Hey Chuck, coming out to a job close to you so we'll be neighbors again!

Last edited:
This feedback is about 4 years late, as I'm a pipefitter that works all over the country (building America, baby) and he built and installed this engine for me in '12 I think. Wasn't able to play with the car being on the road, so finally sent it to Richard Clarks Garage to finish it.
Well, his mutton motor made 580 hp at 24 lbs of boost!! When I called to let him know what it was doing, and to go through his notes as far as what was in that engine, he said that engine shouldn't do that and with a cast crank I may want to turn the boost down to 20 lbs.
Went to pick up the car yesterday and met Sydwinder at the track. At 20 lbs of boost it ran a 7.3 in the 1/8th and whipped a Mustang in the process. As I'm in the process of moving to another job, just 1 run and loaded her up for the 5 hour return drive. If your in need of an engine, Poppa Lou is the man. Thanks!!!
Troy, Thanks alot but I hope you don't wind up wearing that cast crank as a necklace putting down them numbers. lol