Turbo located on rear driverside of engine

htd1964

I looking for a GN or T-Type engine. I found one the other day and the guy stated it came out of a 84 t-type regal. After looking at the engine I noticed the turbo bolted to the rear of the intake, which was flat. Can anyone give any information on this type of engine. Every other engine I've seen on the internet has the turbo mounted on the front of the intake. Should I keep searching for a different engine or can the engine I've found be modified with another intake?

Sounds like an 84/85 hotair engine. The throttle body will be mounted to the turbo inlet and the outlet of the turbo will go straight down into the intake at the rear of the intake.

I looking for a GN or T-Type engine. I found one the other day and the guy stated it came out of a 84 t-type regal. After looking at the engine I noticed the turbo bolted to the rear of the intake, which was flat. Can anyone give any information on this type of engine. Every other engine I've seen on the internet has the turbo mounted on the front of the intake. Should I keep searching for a different engine or can the engine I've found be modified with another intake?

That is the 84-85 non intercooled engine. 200 hp stock.

I personnally would not pay more than $500 for it.

It is a "hot air" car. Meaning the air wasn't sent through and intercooler like the 86-87 cars.

Go to the Hot Air section of the board and there will be plenty there!